We are seeking to appoint an experienced and dedicated Pre-School /Nursery Practitioner, ideally with some managerial or leadership experience, to manage our Pre-School. This is a rare opportunity and we are excited to be able to offer this position to the right person to lead our wonderful Pre-School, set in the most idyllic of rural locations.
We are an independent charity run Pre-School with a fantastic committed, highly qualified team of staff, offering high quality child care and learning for 2-4 year olds, 8:50am to 2:50pm during term time. We are located in the beautiful village of Steeple Aston with a large outside space to inspire our children through their learning journey. We provide a safe, healthy, fun and stimulating environment where our children can flourish.
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:00pm, term time only. Plus any further hours reasonably required to perform the duties set out below.
Hours and flexibility to be discussed with suitable candidates.
September 2022, or as soon as possible thereafter.
Key duties and responsibilities:
The Pre-School Manager's main duties are:
- To be responsible for the efficient day to day running of the Pre-School.
- To ensure the health, safety and well-being of the children and staff.
- To establish and maintain high standards of care and education.
- To manage, supervise and support the Pre-School staff.
- To fulfil all the relevant legal and statutory framework, ensuring Ofsted and EYFS requirements are met.
- To work in partnership with the Steeple Aston Pre School Committee and other authorities.
- To build strong and supportive working relationships with parents and external agencies.
- To keep abreast of and implement current Early Years good practices and legislation.
- To effectively manage the Pre-School's finances.
- To ensure all policies, procedures and curriculum are implemented and adhered to at all time.
- For further information about our Pre-School Manager's duties please visit our website www.steepleastonpreschool.org.uk/vacancies.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working in an early years care and education setting, ideally with some managerial or leadership experience, or other suitable experience.
- At least Level 3 early years education and childcare qualification or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of delivering Ofsted standards and of the EYFS curriculum.
- Strong organisation, time-management and leadership skills.
- Passion for delivering outstanding childcare and learning.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively work with parents, carers and staff.
- Lots of energy and a positive "can do" attitude.
For further information about what we are looking for please visit our website at www.steepleastonpreschool.org.uk/vacancies.
Salary and other benefits:
- Competitive, depending on experience and contractual hours.
- Employer pension contribution.
- On-site parking.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with the Disclosure and Barring Services and past employers.
Steeple Aston Pre-School is an equal opportunities employer.
If you think you are what we are looking for and will be a great addition to our team, we would love to hear from you through this site, by no later than 13 June 2022.
Interviews will be held throughout June & July 2022.