The Early Years Alliance is the largest early years membership organisation and voluntary sector provider of quality affordable childcare and education in England. An educational charity, the Alliance represents the interests of over 14,000 member settings who deliver care and learning to over 800,000 families every year. We are seeking to fill the following vacancy within Lincolnshire based at Gainsborough North Marsh Children's Centre.
BEST START LINCOLNSHIRE - SENIOR EARLY YEARS EDUCATOR - GAINSBOROUGH NORTH MARSH
Do you have the passion and commitment to make a difference to a family’s life?
This is an exciting opportunity to join an experienced team working across Lincolnshire Children’s Centres to deliver Best Start Lincolnshire.
- To provide leadership and management of Early Years Educators as directed by the Early Years Team Leader by ensuring appropriate performance management takes place.
- To contribute and support the Early Years Team Leader, ensuring the Children's Centre service delivery and any other commissioned projects are of high quality, and contract measures and targets are met in the relevant quadrant.
- Plan and deliver high quality PEEP and other vulnerable and universal sessions in Children's Centres and local outreach venues. To evaluate all sessions and activities to encourage the engagement of parents in their children's learning, development and wellbeing, and that children are supported to reach a good level of development.
- To work independently and as part of a multi-agency team following Lincolnshire County Council and Early Years Alliance policies and procedures.
- Successful candidates will hold a NVQ 3 Early Years Care and Education or equivalent qualification, or a health and social care degree level with relevant early years and childcare modules, or Early Years Teacher Status.
- Proven experience of line managing employees and ability to demonstrate good management practices.
- Proven effective communication skills - able to communicate effectively in person and in writing with professional staff, early help and social care teams, and other organisations.
- Good IT skills including use of Microsoft Word, Office, internet and email.
A comprehensive induction and support package will be provided to the successful candidate.
Mileage from an agreed base is paid at 35p per mile.
This is a fixed-term post until 31st March 2023.
Hours per week: 35
Weeks per year: 52
Virtual interview date: Thursday 9th June 2022
Please note our virtual interviews take place via Microsoft Teams, you may need to download this prior to your interview.
All successful applicants will be required to register and subscribe with the DBS Update Service (if you have not already done so) and undertake a new enhanced disclosure and barring check (even if you have an existing DBS Certificate).
About The Service
The Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
The charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equal opportunities in employment.