About The Role
We are looking to appoint an inspirational Early Years Manager who will support the Alliance’s aim to help children thrive and achieve positive life outcomes by preparing them for their educational journey through inspiring and creative learning opportunities. We are looking for someone with enthusiasm who is ready for a new and exciting challenge to join our friendly team at Camelot Pre-school, based in Lewisham.
You'll love working with children, and you will motivate, lead, role-model and inspire your team of leaders and practitioners and help them to grow as educators. You will have a superb understanding of child-development and you will be focused on delivering excellent standards of care and education.
What we offer:
At the Early Years Alliance staff wellbeing is a key priority and we believe in offering a range of initiatives that support all of our staff:
- 50% discount on childcare places
- Support from a Childcare Operations Manager
- Access to a Learning Management System (LMS), 3 training days a year, plus personalised training plans for employees
- Family Friendly Policies, workplace pension scheme
- Nursery Management Information System (Family) to reduce paperwork, and central admin support
- Microsoft Office 365 Teams, SharePoint and online support
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, additional annual leave for long service
- Enhanced sickness pay and paid bereavement leave
- Access to qualified Mental Health First Aiders and a wide range of wellbeing support
- Attendance to a National Conference, team social events and uniform
- Can save up to 25% on 02 Refresh Airtime Plan if getting a new phone or tablet on 02
- Recruitment Referral Payment Scheme - an introduction payment of up to £100
- The Early Years Manager will oversee the operation of the setting to the highest standards, ensuring that the best possible environment and care are provided for young children.
- To actively implement the Charity’s standards to ensure the highest quality of care to children.Inspire the staff team and build relationships with parents and the wider community.
- To lead the staff team in delivering high quality care following policies and procedures.
- To manage the financial sustainability of the setting with key measure of success
- To take responsibility for the effectiveness of the setting and wellbeing of children and staff.
- Successful applicants will need a minimum Level 3 Early Years Education and Childcare Qualification or equivalent.
- Proven experience in running or helping to run a similar service.
- Sound I.T. skills and ability to use Microsoft Office programmes, nursery management software, social media platforms and online portals effectively.
- The ability to multi-task and establish rapport with staff, families and external agencies.
- You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check, if your current certificate is not subscribed to the update service.
For the full of duties and the requirements, please download the job description which accompanies this advert.
Hours per week: 36
Weeks per year: 39
Virtual interview date: 6th June 2022
Please note our virtual interviews take place via Microsoft Teams, you may need to download this prior to your interview.
About The Service
The Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
The charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equal opportunities in employment.
If you would like to know more about this setting, please visit https://www.eyalliance.org.uk/camelot-pre-school