The Littlehaven Nursery Deputy Manager
The Littlehaven nursery is unique in several ways. Our nursery is a small independent Ofsted registered 48 place community nursery with aspirations to double in size in the next 3 years. It is beautifully equipped with a huge garden, access to an environmental hub and an AstroTurf sports facility and located in the heart of Camden Town. We accept children aged between 3 months to 5 years with a combination of funded & fee-paying families. We also have a friendly, passionate, and hardworking staff team.
The Littlehaven Nursery is a ‘Not for Profit’ business with 100% of its profits contributing to the cost of delivering services and support to local residents by the Castlehaven Community Association. CCA is a 35-year-old award-winning registered local charity.
Location: The Littlehaven Nursery, Camden Town, London NW1 8RU
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £26,021- £29,577 per annum dep on experience & inc LW
Annual Leave: 33 Days (including 5 days over Christmas & Bank Holidays)
- Company Contribution Pension
- Fully Funded Training & Personal Development
- 24hr Access to Online courses provided by Noodle & Educare
- Birthday Day Off
- Free Nursery Lunch & Refreshments
- Regular Staff Social Events
- Staff Discount in Nursery Fees
- Free On-Site Parking
- 24hr Mental Health & Wellbeing Support Line
- A Monthly Health & Wellbeing Allowance
- Fully Paid Enhanced DBS Certificate
- Supportive Senior Management Team
Reporting to: Nursery Manager
Requirements: Minimum of NVQ Level 4 in Childcare and Education or equivalent. Two relevant references. Enhanced DBS clearance. Level 3 Safeguarding Cert.
- To work under the direction of the Manager and deputise for them as and when required
- To ensure all children are safeguarded and their welfare and safety is promoted
- To support the aims and objectives of the nursery and assist the Manager in the organisation of a high-quality establishment for children from birth to five/eight years
- To provide high standards of care and early learning – to include the monitoring and review of provision, this includes providing a safe, caring environment to enable the personal, emotional, social and educational development of children, through individual attention and group activities
- To support the team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop
- To direct and support staff as agreed by the Manager.
- You will support the manager to drive and deliver the highest standard of care throughout the nursery as detailed in the childcare audit and OFSTED inspections.
We are looking for a passionate childcare professional with a bright and bubbly personality. Our ideal person loves a challenge and finds innovative solutions to problems and thrives on encouraging and supporting others to do the same. They will have at least 2 years’ experience and a soundtrack record working in a third in charge or deputy management role within a childcare setting. We are not expecting our ideal candidate to know everything about this role right away, we do expect professionalism and a willingness to learn, to attend regular internal and external training to improve knowledge & skills, whilst not being afraid to ask for guidance to help them grow within this fantastic role.
For the full job description and person specification, please download the attached document at the bottom of this advert.
The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not restrictive. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties which may be required from time to time. Any such duties should not, however, substantially change the general character of the post.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
The Littlehaven Nursery is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. It is the responsibility of every member of The Littlehaven Nursery staff to ensure the practical application of this policy.
Health and Safety
Under the Health and Safety at Work Act, all employees are required to take care of their own health and that of other employees in complying with their statutory duties. Employees must always adhere to our Health & Safety policy.
How to apply for this position
Please send your CV and a covering letter (up to 2 x A4 pages) highlighting your experience and skills relevant to this position; please use the person specification (see below) as a guideline.
Please Note: This is a rolling recruitment programme. Suitable candidates will be contacted asap and invited for interview. This may result in the position being filled before the closing date.
By applying for this role and sending your covering letter & CV you consent to The Littlehaven Nursery using and keeping information about you or by third parties, e.g. referees relating to your application or future employment. This information will be used solely in the recruitment process. For unsuccessful candidates, the information will be destroyed within 6 months unless you have consented to extend this period.
Data & Barring Service Check:
An enhanced Data & Barring Service Check (DBS) clearance is an essential requirement for this role.