Role: Early Years Practitioner (Unqualified)
Perks: We have some of the best employment terms and benefits package in the sector, including generous leave entitlement, paid time off to deal with family emergencies and paid maternity leave – as well as lots of benefits to save you and your family money and to save for your future. Check out more on our careers portal.
Contract/Hours: Permanent, Full Time (working 40 hours per week)
Location: Exeter, Devon
Closing date: Midnight on 11th July 2022, We may stop taking applications early than advertised if we find the right person. So, try to get your application in early.
We're thrilled that you're considering a career with Spring. Spare us five minutes, and we'll tell you what you need to know…
We are proud to be part of the Action for Children family, a national children's charity and our success in Spring makes a difference. With over 150 years of experience in caring for children and young people, we are an award-winning quality and ethical provider. Any profit we make is aligned to support vulnerable children and young people in need across the UK, through the work of Action for Children. We believe all children deserve the best early start in life. It's our mission to be the best provider of outstanding quality early education to children throughout the UK, that is accessible to all. We are looking to learn, have fun and make friends in our bright and engaging settings.
Your Career Journey
We believe in our people and as member of our family you will be supported to be the best practitioner you can be. You will follow our internal development programmes and we will provide full training. We will help you to build your career with us by funding you to get qualified while you are working with us – helping you to quickly grow, fulfil your potential and develop your career with us.
What you'll be doing
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Early Years Practitioner to join our team at Spring - Cedars to provide a safe, caring, fun and stimulating environment to the children who come through our doors. When you join us, you will be part of a passionate and creative team committed to giving the highest standards of care and education and helping children to find their feet – making friends, having fun and sparking their imaginations through play.
You'll do this by:
- Giving children a wide range of stimulating, safe and well-planned activities.
- Creating engaging, fun and informative learning opportunities, helping the children make excellent progress and meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Building solid relationships with parents / carers, families and professionals involved with the children.
- Meeting each of the children's individual needs, keeping accurate records and regularly communicating with parents / carers.
- Having a positive attitude, making everyday count for the children in our care.
What we need from you
Our successful candidate will have an enthusiastic and pro-active mindset with a positive attitude and have the ability to form strong and supportive relationships with parents, children and the team. Our Job Description outlines the requirements of the role, but the ‘must haves' are:
- There is no qualification needed for this role however previous experience working with children would be desirable.
- A passion to learn and develop whether you are new to the sector or an experienced practitioner.
- Experience working with children in an early years or childcare environment.
- Understanding of children's emotional, physical, psychological and educational developmental needs from 0 to 5 years
- A positive attitude with an unwavering commitment to service excellence to allow us to maintain our high standards
- A willingness to complete further childcare training & qualifications
Whether this is a career change for you or the next step in your journey, we'd love to hear from you.
We work together to reach our mission to give children a healthy start in life. Given this and how having a diverse workforce enriches the lives of the children and young people we work with we are committed to Diversity and Inclusion and welcome applications from everyone. We value and celebrate the diversity of those that work with us and as an inclusive workplace we want all our current and future staff to feel able to be themselves in the workplace.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Good luck! We can't wait to hear from you.
Application process: There are 5 sections for you to complete, Personal Details, CV, Supporting Statement & Information, Equality & Diversity, Submission & Declaration – please refer to the JD and Person Specification when applying. We also want to know what unique qualities you can bring to help us reach our vision for children and families.
Talent pool: We're sure you've got what it takes to join our ambitious team. If you're unsuccessful this time around, we'd like to hold your details in case similar jobs come up that you might be better suited for. But, feel free to let us know if you'd rather we didn't do that.
If you need support with your application, please contact Sam Richardson on 01923 361737 or Samantha.Richardson3@actionforchildren.org.uk. We'll be happy to give you any support you require.
If you want to get to know us a little better, check out our socials on Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook or Youtube.