Kensal House Nursery – Kensal W10
£23,000- £29,000 per annum
At Kensal House Nursery we understand that to attract and retain the very best in Early Years educators we need to offer more than simply a competitive salary and benefits package. That’s why we’re committed not only to rewarding our team with a comprehensive offer on salary, incentives and benefits, but also to providing them with a real opportunity for long-term self-development and to help shape and deliver a new benchmark for truly outstanding childcare and education. We’re excited to walk your journey with you!
About Kensal House Nursery
Opening September 2022 in a beautiful Grade II listed building, Kensal House Nursery represents the pinnacle of aspiration for Early Years settings in the UK. From day one, the team behind Jaego’s House, all parents with children under eight, were adamant that a thriving, vibrant nursery must be a central part of what we do. A nursery that ticks every box imaginable for parents and is a home from home for young children.
Overlooking the canal in Kensal Rise, it sits alongside Jaego’s House, a revolutionary co-working and leisure space for kids and grown-ups alike. Featuring a Jungle Gym and Soft Play, a Kids’ Cinema, Gym, Library and Co-working Office, while there are also Treatment rooms, Studio and Fitness Classes for kids and adults, as well as a stunning restaurant and waterside café.
Kensal House Nursery benefits from the infrastructure of Jaego's House, whilst also providing an exceptional, Ofsted-registered nursery setting with a dynamic management team and inspirational educators. We will celebrate, encourage and develop every child’s uniqueness, while fostering an atmosphere of togetherness, kindness and sociability.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for qualified Early Years Educators to deliver inspirational care and education for the children within our new Nursery due to open in Summer 2022.
Benevolence and altruism are the essential qualities of a childcare worker. You must have an excellent sense of listening skills, your main role being to secure and comfort.
Early Years Practitioners as part of a defined team are responsible for a cohort of children within Kensal House Nursery.
- Support the mission and objectives of Kensal House Nursery by your contribution to a high quality and effective team within the setting.
- Participate and deliver activities within the team and nursery room effectively and maintain Kensal House Nursery high standards in relation to all children and families.
- To be a key person to a group of children, maintaining children’s records on their achievement, assessment and ensure that children of the group are making good progress that their needs are met.
- To be an effective and supportive team member and provide effective communication with other members and report timely to manager of any issues/progresses/important updates.
- To contribute to termly and monthly plan with the team and produce teaching plans for own key children.
- To commit to keep children safe as well as being a good role model to children.
- As part of an Early Years team, provide a positive, constructive and creative environment for under 5’s and to further the seven areas of learning as specified in EYFS and Curriculum Plans.
- Be an Early Years Educator with a passion for giving children the very best start in life
- Have a relevant early year’s qualification at Level 2 or above
- Montessori Educator – Level 2, Level 3 or above
- Demonstrate a desire to continually grow as a practitioner and a dream to progress in the Early Years sector
- Display your knowledge and experience in looking after children
- Love to bring a positive mindset to work and energise colleagues and children with your practice and outlook
- Embrace the partnership between practitioners and parents that gives children the best possible start in life
Professional and Inter-Personal Skills
- Have a combination of sense of fun, energy, empathy and patience
- Be creative and imaginative
- Have a caring approach and disposition
- You are a good communicator and have an aptitude to interact with the children, your colleagues and, families
- You are able to work on your own initiative and as an effective member of your team
- You have the capacity to demonstrate a professional and calm attitude, even in noisy or challenging situations
- Have an understanding of the individual and diverse needs of children
- Have a good understanding of child development
- Have a responsible and positive outlook
- You are willing to undergo required training and any ongoing personal and professional development
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and expect all staff to share this commitment, therefore we employ a strict screening process. Employment is thus subject to two satisfactory references and a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- A relevant childcare qualification at least at Level 2
- 40 Hours per week – Monday – Friday (with the occasional Saturday for training/open days)
- Delivering activities that excite children and promote their learning and development
- Supporting your room team with planning, observation and assessment
- Following the Early Years curriculum, safeguarding procedures and nursery policies and procedures
- Working as a strong team player in a positive and self-motivated team
- Building strong relationships with the parents of your key children
- Above average pay
- £500 joining bonus after 6 months/probation passed
- £500 refer a friend (must have worked for 6 months and passed probation)
- Clothes allowance - £100 per year
- 1 extra day of annual leave for every year you've worked up to a maximum of 5
- 20 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays, plus 3 x days over the Christmas period, plus 5 additional days which if aren’t taken will be paid in lieu plus £250. Close at 12pm on Christmas Eve.
- Day off for your birthday
- Performance related bonus up to 5% of your salary
- Incentives for an 'Outstanding Ofsted'
- £100 development fund – to spend on something that will benefit you as a skill - https://www.noodlenow.co.uk
- Enhanced maternity pay of an additional 6 weeks on top of SMP and two weeks paternity pay at full pay (must have worked in the business for 2 years and must return to work for at least 6 months before receiving additional pay)
- Childcare discount of 10% going up to 25% after 2 years’ service on days when you’re working
- Bike to work scheme
- £200 monthly travel card
- 10 days paid sick leave
- Discounted Jaego’s House membership - 20% off
- 5 years’ service £5,000 bonus
- 10 years’ service £10,000 bonus