Salary £21,212 per annum
Contract/Hours: Permanent Full-Time working 40 hours per week.
Location: RAF Waddington, Lincolnshire
Perks: We have some of the best employment terms and benefits package in the sector, including generous leave entitlement, paid time off to deal with family emergencies and paid maternity leave – as well as lots of benefits to save you and your family money and to save for your future. Check out more on our careers portal.
We're thrilled that you're considering a career with Spring. Spare us five minutes, and we'll tell you what you need to know…
We are proud to be part of the Action for Children family, a national children's charity and our success in Spring makes a difference. With over 150 years of experience in caring for children and young people, we are an award-winning quality and ethical provider. Any profit we make is aligned to support vulnerable children and young people in need across the UK, through the work of Action for Children. We believe all children deserve the best early start in life. It's our mission to be the best provider of outstanding quality early education to children throughout the UK, that is accessible to all. We are looking to learn, have fun and make friends in our bright and engaging settings.
Spring RAF Waddington is a unique 100 place nursery and 64 place before and after school club situated on the military base at RAF Waddington. RAF Waddington caters for military and civilian children from age 3 months to 11 years. Staff are passionate, caring and have lots of experience in child development.
What you'll be doing:
As you can imagine, there's no job too small at Spring. In this role, you'll contribute to our mission to give children a healthy start in life, equipping them with the support, knowledge and nurturing they need to thrive, whilst leaving a lasting positive impact.
We are now looking for a qualified Early Years Practitioner to join our friendly and dedicated team of childcare professionals. SEN experience (preferred but not required)
In the role of Early Years Practitioner, you'll be:
- Supervising the children and keep our active, flexible nursery environment safe and suited to their needs
- Giving children a wide range of stimulating, safe and well-planned activities
- Creating engaging, fun and informative learning opportunities, helping the children make excellent progress and meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Building solid relationships with parents / carers, families and professionals involved with the children
- Meeting each of the children's individual needs, keeping accurate records and regularly communicating with parents / carers
- Having a positive attitude, making every single day count for the children in our care
What we need from you:
- A Level 3 Early Years and Childcare qualification e.g. NNEB, CACHE, NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent which is essential for the role
- A passion to learn and develop whether you are newly qualified or an experienced practitioner.
- Full understanding of children's emotional, physical, psychological and educational developmental needs from 0 to 5 years
- A positive attitude with an unwavering commitment to service excellence to allow us to maintain our high standards
Whether this is a career change for you or the next step in your journey, we'd love to hear from you.
We work together to reach our mission to give children a healthy start in life. Given this and how having a diverse workforce enriches the lives of the children and young people we work with we are committed to Diversity and Inclusion and welcome applications from everyone. We value and celebrate the diversity of those that work with us and as an inclusive workplace we want all our current and future staff to feel able to be themselves in the workplace.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Good luck! We can't wait to hear from you.
Talent pool: We're sure you've got what it takes to join our ambitious team. If you're unsuccessful this time around, we'd like to hold your details in case similar jobs come up that you might be better suited for. But, feel free to let us know if you'd rather we didn't do that.
If you need support with your application, please contact Shannon Neadner on 01923 361518 or email@example.com We'll be happy to give you any support you require.
If you want to get to know us a little better, check out our socials on Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook or Youtube.