- The Orchard Day Nursery Wimbledon
- Position: Deputy Nursery Manager
- Salary: £28000-£30000
- Contract type: 52 Weeks a year
- Hours of Work: Full Time 40 hours a week
- Contract term: Permanent
The Orchard Day Nursery Wimbledon are looking to appoint a Deputy Nursery Manager.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to work with passionate staff in an environment where progression is encouraged and where you will make a real difference. The opportunity would suit a current deputy looking for a new challenge of an experienced practitioner looking for progression into a deputy manager role.
Our friendly, open plan nursery nurtures the children and provides a friendly, homely and caring environment in which our children will be able to grow in confidence, independence and social awareness. We also aim to recognise the individual needs of every child making us an inclusive practice which provides a secure and stimulating environment.
Located on Wimbledon high street, The Orchard Day Nursery is in a great location and will offer you the opportunity to join a passionate team of staff in providing excellent childcare.
The qualified nursery team provides a warm and inviting setting which helps children to settle quickly. We take care to get to know each child, bond with them and identify their strengths and areas that need scaffolding to support their progress.
As our Deputy Nursery Manager you will play a key part in the development of our expanding nursery. Alongside the Nursery Manager you will provide an excellent level of childcare to all of our pupils. You will be passionate about our children’s learning, we are looking for a well-qualified Practitioner who are able to join our small family feel team of staff. We would ideally like you to have NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification. Experience as a deputy will be looked upon favourably but is not essential.
The role will require you to maintain children’s safety and wellbeing at all times during attendance at the setting. The ability to maintain positive working relationships with relevant internal and external professionals is essential.
An extra level of responsibility will be essential as you will be supporting the nursery manager. The ability to lead when needed and promote positive behaviour is a must.
All of our staff create a secure environment, using imagination to help children to learn. Our links with our parents is essential to support their children so having a friendly and professional style is what we look for.
If you are able to demonstrate the following we would welcome your application;
- Minimum Level 3 qualified in Early Years.
- Able to inspire our pupils with enthusiasm and a love of learning
- Have a sound knowledge of the requirements of the Early Years curriculum
- Able to plan and prepare engaging and stimulating activities for pupils or every ability.
- Able to positively impact pupils in every aspect of their education including pastoral care.
- Able to encourage learning and development, through play and teaching.
- Can create a secure environment, using imagination to help children to learn
- Can work with parents and carers to support their children
- Enabling children to build their literacy, language and numeracy skills
- Monitor progress to enable planning
- Putting together activities which will keep the children engaged throughout the day
We are looking to employ on a permanent basis, you will play a key role in the growth at The Orchard Day Nursery Wimbledon.
As part of the Inspired Learning Group of schools you will also benefit from
- Competitive Salary.
- Annual salary review.
- Professional Development and Training opportunities with the prospect of career and salary progression as our business grows.
- Ongoing coaching from the management team.
- Childcare fee discount.
- Annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays with Annual leave increasing with service.
- Pension scheme.
- Refer a friend scheme up to £750.
- Health cash plan covering 10 healthcare benefits and services such as optical, dental, dental accident, chiropody, therapy treatments and health club concession. Access to Doctor line from anywhere in the world.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
The Orchard Day Nursery Wimbledon is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).