We are recruiting additional early years staff to join our team of flexi workers covering the North East of London, Central London and surrounding areas, to work as required in our crèches, pre-schools and children’s centre groups.
Applicants should be available to work flexibly across most of the week, sometimes at short notice, and be prepared to travel to a range of different venues across the area.
Applicants should possess a minimum Level 2 childcare qualification, be able to provide care and inclusive play, learning opportunities and maintain a safe, stimulating and enjoyable environment for all children attending the service.
- To provide high-quality play and learning experiences for young children in a range of settings and venues
- To develop an understanding of the duties and routines of the day, within the service, and be aware of the security procedures of the venue(s) and manage the arrival and departure of each child safety.
- To contribute to a high level of care that will enhance the children’s general health, safety and well-being and to ensure that all toys, equipment and environment are suitable, clean and safe at all times.
- To contribute towards observations to enhance children’s development, general health and well-being, and liaise with parents to exchange information about their children.
- To be fully aware of all the Alliance’s operational policies and procedures and ensure they are implemented at all times.
- A minimum of a relevant Level 2 childcare qualification.
- Relevant recent working experience with young children to a high standard.
- It is a statutory requirement that staff have a sufficient understanding and use of English to ensure the well-being of children in their care.
- Ability to communicate with professional colleagues and with parents and carers.
- Ability to produce clear, accurate and well-written reports and correspondence in English, e.g. for observations, behavioural and development records.
- A commitment to equal opportunities and to be aware of the harmful impact on children of discriminatory experiences. Ensure that children feel valued and respected for who they are.
Hours per week: As and when required
Weeks per year: 52
Virtual interview date: Tuesday 26th July 2022
Please note our virtual interviews take place via Microsoft Teams, you may need to download this prior to your interview.
All successful applicants will be required to register and subscribe with the DBS Update Service (if you have not already done so) and undertake a new enhanced disclosure and barring check (even if you have an existing DBS Certificate).
About The Service
The Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
The charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equal opportunities in employment.