Role: Senior Early Years Practitioner
Salary: Up to £22,944 per annum
Perks: We have some of the best employment terms and benefits package in the sector, including generous leave entitlement, paid time off to deal with family emergencies and paid maternity leave – as well as lots of benefits to save you and your family money and to save for your future. Check out more on our careers portal.
Contract/Hours: Permanent, Full Time 40 hours a week
Location: Winchester, Hants
Closing date: Midnight on 5th July 2022
We're thrilled that you're considering a career with Spring. Spare us five minutes, and we'll tell you what you need to know…
We are proud to be part of the Action for Children family, a national children's charity and our success in Spring makes a difference. With over 150 years of experience in caring for children and young people, we are an award-winning quality and ethical provider. Any profit we make is aligned to support vulnerable children and young people in need across the UK, through the work of Action for Children. We believe all children deserve the best early start in life. It's our mission to be the best provider of outstanding quality early education to children throughout the UK, that is accessible to all. We are looking to learn, have fun and make friends in our bright and engaging settings.
Spring Worthy Down sits just outside the city centre of Winchester. Open weekdays from 0730-1800 for 50 weeks of the year Spring Worthy Down prides itself on its experienced and caring staff who are passionate about children, their well-being and development. Catering for children aged from 6 months to 5 years and offer 2, 3 and 4 year old funding. The staff strive to provide a stimulating, fun, exciting and educational environment. Spring Worthy Down capture the significant moments in a child's development journey. There are three age groups ‘Explorers, Navigators and Inventors', these groups are split into two rooms catered to reflect the EYFS curriculum.
What you'll be doing
- In the role of Senior Early Years Practitioner, you'll be:
Leading the staff within the room on providing learning programmes for individual or groups of children appropriate to their needs and developmental stages in accordance with Early Years legislation and guidance.
- Ensuring the compliance and application of nursery policies and procedures and relevant legislative requirements, informing management immediately of any instances of non-compliance or variations in practices.
- Contributing to and participating in the wider nursery management through leading on specific areas of development within the nursery, as directed by the Nursery Manager.
- Preparing and supervising dedicated areas/rooms within the setting on specific working patterns through planning, monitoring of outcomes, managing ratio of children, and the provision of a stimulating and appropriate range of activities whilst ensuring health and care needs are met.
What we need from you
In the role of Senior Early Years Practitioner, we're ideally looking for someone who has:
- Level 3 early years and childcare qualification e.g., NNEB, CACHE, NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education.
- A thorough knowledge of children's developmental needs from 0 to 5 years.
- Experience working and leading in an early year setting.
- Strong planning, observation and reflection of children and their learning.
- Effective communication skills across multiple age groups.
- Paediatric First Aid qualification.
Whether this is a career change for you or the next step in your journey, we'd love to hear from you.
We work together to reach our mission to give children a healthy start in life. Given this and how having a diverse workforce enriches the lives of the children and young people we work with we are committed to Diversity and Inclusion and welcome applications from everyone. We value and celebrate the diversity of those that work with us and as an inclusive workplace we want all our current and future staff to feel able to be themselves in the workplace.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Good luck! We can't wait to hear from you.
Talent pool: We're sure you've got what it takes to join our ambitious team. If you're unsuccessful this time around, we'd like to hold your details in case similar jobs come up that you might be better suited for. But feel free to let us know if you'd rather we didn't do that.
If you want to get to know us a little better, check out our socials on Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook or Youtube.