Line Manager/Reporting into: Head of Year
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Part-time and full-time positions available (full-time being 42.5 hours per week, all year round)
Start Date: As soon as possible
ROLE SUMMARY & JOB PURPOSE
We are seeking to appoint committed and dynamic Nursery Practitionerswho will be working with children aged 3 months to 36 months providing care, play activities and supporting the EYFS assessment. You will need good communication skills at all levels in order to build relationships with children, parents and other members of school staff.
The principal responsibilities of the roles are:
- Be able to engage with, care for and inspire children;
- Contribute to the day-to-day organisation and smooth running of the Early Learning School;
- Be responsible at all times as part of the wider team for high standards of care and education of children between 3 – 36 months in accordance with statutory requirements;
- Assist the other staff in giving regular feedback to parents about their child’s development and progress;
- Prepare the classroom indoors and outdoors and ensure that it is safe, clean and tidy at the start and end of each session;
- Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment which facilitates children’s autonomous, independent learning and enable children to maximise their full potential;
- Establish and maintain good partnerships with colleagues, parents and carers, outside agencies and children including good home-school links;
- Work collaboratively and demonstrate a positive work ethic and strong team spirit.
Additional duties and responsibilities:
- To carry out basic First Aid duties (training will be provided);
- Be prepared to attend training as necessary ensuring all legislative training is kept up to date;
- To observe and manage all Health and Safety requirements to maintain a safe environment for students, colleagues and parents;
- To establish effective working relationships with professional colleagues and other staff, as appropriate;
- To have a working knowledge of all relevant Policies and Procedures;
- To be committed to ensuring that every child is given the opportunity to achieve their potential and meet the high expectations set for them;
- To carry out any such task as shall be deemed necessary to the smooth running of the Early Learning School.
This job description is not intended to be all embracing and the post holder shall be required to carry out any other duties as directed by their line manager, or other members of Senior Management, commensurate with training and experience.
The job holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom s/he is responsible, or with whom s/he comes into contact will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the School’s Safeguarding Policy (including Child Protection Procedures) at all times.