An exciting new opportunity has arisen to join the Alliance, working in partnership with Rutland County Council, to support the planning and delivery of high-quality early years sessions to improve the life chances of children. Do you have a passion to support families and give children the best start in life in Rutland? This could be the new opportunity you are looking for!
Family Support Educator - Visions Childrens Centre, Oakham
- Plan and deliver high quality focused and universal sessions, including the evaluation of all sessions and activities to encourage the engagement of parents in their children’s learning, development and wellbeing.
- To ensure children are supported to reach a good level of development.
- Track and plan meeting EYFS and Ofsted standards, and support parents of children attending sessions who are vulnerable or meet key priority targets of the Children’s Centre.
- Signpost and support families to access 2-year and 3-year funding entitlement.
- Ensure a welcoming environment.
- NVQ 3 Early Years Care and Education or equivalent qualification, or a health and social care degree level with relevant early years and childcare modules, or Early Years Teacher Status.
- Proven effective communication skills – able to communicate effectively in person and in writing, with professionals, staff, early help and social care teams and other organisations.
- Experience of a successful multi-agency approach with professionals, early help teams, social care teams and other early years settings.
- Knowledge and understanding of early years and the EYFS.
- Knowledge of the aims, objectives and ethos of Children’s Centres and other national developments of services for children aged 0-5 years.
- Good understanding and knowledge of safeguarding children and young people and relevant safeguarding processes and procedures.
This is a fixed-term post until 31/03/2023, with a possible further extension until 31/03/2024.
Hours per week: 12
Weeks per year: 52
Interview date: Wednesday 13th July 2022
All successful applicants will be required to register and subscribe with the DBS Update Service (if you have not already done so) and undertake a new enhanced disclosure and barring check (even if you have an existing DBS Certificate).
About The Service
The Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
The charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equal opportunities in employment.