Puddle Jumpers is looking for an exceptional Nursery Manager to lead our thriving nursery in Limehouse. Are you an experienced and passionate leader, looking for your next challenge? Do you have a clear vision of what makes an amazing nursery, and the drive and execution to build it with us? Are you excited by inspiring and developing your team? Then look no further!!!
A nursery is nothing without its team, this is what our culture at Puddle Jumpers is all about. We pride ourselves on relationships, high quality and fun! Our diverse team enjoy coming to work, are super passionate about delivering the best care for our families but have fun whilst doing it! Our Nursery Manager is key in setting this tone. By leading our flagship nursery you have the unique opportunity to build the blueprint for those that follow. We operate with high trust and you will have the autonomy to build the culture and working environment that future Puddle Jumpers nurseries will follow. Our nursery is bright and modern, full of natural resources and open-ended materials. You will make your mark on our educational approach, building on our existing philosophy which borrows principles from Reggio and Montessori.
As the lead at this setting you will work hard, you will be remunerated both with an industry leading package, and the reward that comes from growing with us.
Who are we looking for?
Driven, visionary, inspiring & knowledgeable. Our ideal manager has a make it happen attitude, they inspire the team with their vision, taking them along for the journey, but can also pull up their sleeves and get stuck in when it’s needed. They have a great balance of driving the performance of the nursery and caring about their team, and subsequently have happy team members who are in this journey with them for the long term. Driven to be the best, this person models high standards at all times, never cutting corners, and supports their team to do the same. Our Nursery Manager models their obsession with getting it right for every customer and supports and coaches the team to do the same. Their child led approach is evident throughout the nursery and they use their adaptability and expertise to get it right for every team member, parent and child that they come into contact with.
- Minimum 5 years Nursery Manager experience essential
- Leading Ofsted inspections with Good/Outstanding ratings
- Early Years Degree
- Exceptional relationship builder, both with customer and team
- Understanding of rota, deployment, and basic nursery financials
- Understanding and experience of inspection frameworks and the EYFS
- Decision maker, honest and upfront approach to solving problems,
- Feedback is delivered honestly and directly but with kindness
- Good knowledge of Reggio and Montessori principles
- Independent and proactive, also able to ask for help - a problem shared problem halved!
- High emotional intelligence and adaptability, tailoring leadership approach to team needs
- Understand the importance of first impressions and take pride in your setting
- Role model for your team, ability to use a coaching approach in your leadership
- Mentor and cheerleader for rising talent in the team
- Excellent written and verbal communication
What you will be doing
- Create an inclusive and positive environment where parents, children and team can thrive
- Drive high standards for parent experience and educational offering
- Accountable for our Nursery Improvement plans
- Own the operational management of your nursery ensuring all policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure compliance with EYFS statutory requirements, H&S legislation and Ofsted requirements (Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Motivate the nursery teams to work together, spending time in rooms role modelling and inspiring Practitioners to deliver best practice.
- Effectively managing and coaching the team
- Implement regular reviews analysing children’s progress to ensure Practitioners are confidently tailoring learning experiences to meet the individual needs of the children in our care.
- Accountable for team happiness and retention
- Promote our values, and be the custodian and role model of them, ensuring they are lived every day and course correcting if not
- Risk assess daily ensuring that the team understand what is expected of them to keep everyone in the nursery safe at all times.
- Driving occupancy figures by attracting parents to the nursery and keeping them happy so they stay
- Work a flexible work pattern within the nursery opening hours (7am-7pm), with the flexibility to attend out of hours meetings and events as required
What we can offer you
- £40-£50k depending on experience
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Free counselling & wellbeing support
- Unlimited online development with ‘Noodle Now’
- Free lunch
- NEST pension