Family Support Worker - Full Time
Salary: £19,300 per annum
Contract/Hours: Permanent Full Time (working 37 hours per week)
Location: West Devon - Covering Okehampton, Hatherleigh and Tavistock (location base preference to be discussed at interview)
Perks: Annual leave of 29 days (pro-rata) PLUS public holidays, flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages, annual staff awards, 7% employer contribution pension scheme, employee discount portal with all your favourite brands, check out more on our careers portal.
We are offering an in-depth induction, a managed caseload, regular case supervision and on-going training.
Closing Date: Midnight on Tuesday 5th July 2022, if we receive a high number of applications, we may have to close earlier than advertised. So, don't delay submitting your application for consideration!
Interview will be held on Tuesday 19th July 2022 at Tavistock Childrens Centre, please ensure you are available.
We're thrilled that you're considering a career with Action for Children so here's what you need to know….
At Action for Children, we believe that every child should have a safe and happy childhood. Last year, we helped more than 600,000 children and families across the UK. We work to ensure their voices are heard, and campaign to bring lasting change to their lives.
About the Role:
Action for Children's Devon Children's centres provide Early Help to the whole family, from pregnancy through to age eight, when families most need support using the “team around the family” approach.
As a Child and Family Support Worker working across Okehampton, Hatherleigh or Tavistock you will be responsible for taking the lead on lower level early help support caseload. You will actively participate and contribute into the team around the family support meetings. You will take the lead role in the crèche provision for the targeted interventions by organising and running targeted group sessions for the service users, creating a fun and stimulating environments to enhance skills and promote emotional resilience and positive behaviour.
You will also support and advise your colleagues while working within service crèche provision for the targeted interventions and use a multi-agency approach by liaising with other professional bodies.
West Devon District covers a large geographical area with a mix of rural and urban communities. You will be based in one of our childrens centres, Hatherleigh or Tavistock but may need to cover across West Devon. Mileage will be paid.
As a Family Support Worker, you'll be:
- Providing direct family support in the early help service, through a bland of digital or face to face contact.
- Leading a creche for Children and their families that need extra and supporting them to grow within a secure environment.
- Providing rich learning environments where children and their families can engage in stimulating play opportunities.
- Facilitating interventions one to one or in a group to support identified areas of need e.g. infant massage, speech and language development. (Training provided)
- Being alert to child protection and safeguarding issues and inform appropriate line managers.
- Supporting children and their families in different environments and required to be confident in representing the Action for Children Service.
- Tracking children's learning and development and required to communicate with their parents and carers.
What You'll Bring:
Our job description for the Family Support Worker outlines the requirements of the role but the ‘must-haves' are:
- NVQ Level 3 in Childcare or equivalent.
- Experience of working in nursery or similar environment.
- Confidence to deliver child led and informed interventions
- Experience with child development and planning for individual child's needs.
- Experience of working with children and families.
- Good understanding of safeguarding.
- Ability to communicate effectively with children and their parents/carers.
- Use of Early Years Foundation Stage and an understanding of the key person model.
- Passion and motivation to support children and families to grow, effectively communicate and develop together.
Working here is so much more than a job. Whether this is a career change for you or the next step in your journey, we'd love to hear from you.
We work together to reach our vision of safe and happy childhoods. A diverse workforce enriches the lives of the children and young people we work with and we welcome applications from everyone. We value and celebrate our differences and as an inclusive workplace we want everyone to be themselves.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
We can't wait to hear from you – stay safe and happy.
Application Process: There are 5 sections for you to complete, Personal Details, CV, Supporting Statement & Information, Equality & Diversity, Submission & Declaration. Top Tip... Refer to the job description when writing your Supporting Statement.
Talent Pool: We'd like to hold your details in case similar jobs come up but do let us know if you'd rather we didn't.
Contact: Sam Richardson on 01923 361737 or Samantha.Richardson3@actionforchildren.org.uk who will be happy to support with your application.
To apply, please use the apply button.