Room Leader– Merchant Square Day Nursery, Paddington W2 1AJ
New starter bonus £1,000 (as per T&Cs)
Consider yourself a good leader? If so, then please read on as we have a fantastic opportunity for a Room Leader at our Merchant Square Day Nursery, W2 1AJ
Children are at the heart of our approach in everything that we do and aspire to. One of our ethos statements is “We have the courage to put children before anything else”, and this truly sets the tone for how we value the children that we care for. As a practitioner you will be supported to work within ‘The Curiosity Approach’ to support children to gain confidence and encourage curiosity and prepare them for a life and love of learning.
The Room Leader is a full-time, permanent role, offering a competitive basic salary and additional wider benefits, including opportunities for future career progression.
Room Leader – Key Responsibilities
- Act as Room Leader and to implement the EYFS curriculum.
- Lead planning for the EYFS curriculum and maintain accurate children’s records.
- Assume deputy responsibilities in the absence of the deputy manager if required to do so.
- Support, mentor and supervise room staff in their day-to-day duties and monitor their paperwork including planning and learning journeys on a regular basis.
- Provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Remain up-to-date with current developments in childcare and education policies and practices.
- Ensure that the nutritional needs of the children are met and that Food Safety Regulations are complied with.
Room Leader – Qualifications & Experience
- You must hold a minimum L3 childcare qualification with a passion to upskill further
- Preferrable Room Leader experience
- Be a positive role model to our children and your team
- The desire to work for an organisation that respects individuality and creativity
- Looking to join a large group that maintains an independent feel
- Have strong EYFS knowledge
We would love you to join our team as we embark on accreditation to 'The Curiosity Approach', promoting awe and wonder in early childhood. This is a unique style of learning for children to be engaged in the joy of DOING rather than the end result.
Room Leader – What we can offer YOU!
- A friendly supportive team & Nursery Manager
- Continued CPD development
- A competitive salary
- 1 week shut down over Christmas
- New Starter bonus £1,000.00 (as per T&Cs)
- Refer a friend up to £1,000 (as per T&Cs)
If you feel you have what it takes to be considered for this role please get in touch today!