Early Years Practitioner
Location: Tulse Hill, Southwest London
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: A Competitive salary
Happy Nursery Days is currently looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our fantastic team. The successful candidate will have to demonstrate a genuine passion for providing the highest standards in quality childcare - strong communication skills and team-working abilities are essential.
Happy Nursery Days is and Ofsted rated Good, a community based nursery situated in Tulse Hill southwest London and we are a subsidiary of Ekaya Housing Association. Some of are unique features are providing real value for families as well as a warm friendly environment for all families. Excellent range of stimulating resources for all ages. A huge outdoor play area for children to explore the natural world all year round.
About the role:
- Support and promote children’s early education and development.
- Plan and provide effective care, teaching, and learning that enables children to progress and prepares them for school.
- Make accurate and productive use of assessment.
- Develop effective and informed practice.
- Safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of children.
- Work in partnership with the key person, colleagues, parents, and carers or other professionals
- To understand and work to Happy Nursery Days policies and procedures, including how to safeguard children and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies at all times.
- To effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interest of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members).
- To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life.
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs.
- Assist in ensuring the nursery provides a safe, happy stimulating environment for individual children and enable them reach their full potential
- To observe , plan and evaluate appropriately for children’ development
- Undertake a shared responsibility for health and safety and the cleanliness of the nursery environment
- Take responsibility for own personal and professional development, accessing high-level improvement activities that inform general and nursery based on national and international perspectives of 'best practice'.
- Attendance at staff meetings and training sessions to ensure continuous professional development
- Supporting communication and social skills to help children interact with those around them.
- Contribute to a high standard of quality within the nursery, including practice, environment and resources to meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
Qualifications & Training
- Full and relevant childcare qualification(Level 3 Essential)
- Paediatric First Aid Trained
- Food Hygiene
- The chance to join our great team and play a key role in delivering a high-quality childcare service to our young children
- An opportunity to develop in an exciting, growing business
- 22 days’ holiday plus public holidays (increasing to 25 days after 5 years’ continuous service)
- 5% employer pension contribution* – opportunity to plan for your retirement
- Health Benefits
- 24hr access to EAP.
- Opportunity for Training & Development
- Season Ticket Loans
For further information, please see a full Job Description attached at the bottom of the page.
To apply, please download and complete the Application Form and send to email@example.com