Nursery Practitioner - Level 3 x2
Hours: Full Time - must be able to work between the hours of 7.30am - 6.00pm
Salary: Salary starts at minimum wage and will increase after their trail period and may increase again after the probation period. salary is also based on qualification, experience and what they will be bringing to the nursery
We are a Curiosity Approach-inspired Nursery based in Birmingham. We care for children from 2 to 5, and provide a range of age appropriate resources and activities to encourage their development right up until they are ready to join school.
Purpose of post:
- To contribute a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children in the nursery
- To give support to other team members throughout the nursery
- To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop.
- Work with and support children
- Work as part of a team and support all staff within all aspects of the job
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with parents.
- Nursery Manager, Deputy Manager and Buddy Team Leader’s
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate and operate a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of children in your area in conjunction with other team members and the Manager in line with the EYFS
- To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys, share this with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life and institute reviews for parents, in conjunction with the Manager
- Support all team members with the early identification and intervention for children with possible special needs and give physical, emotional, intellectual guidance as appropriate
- Support all staff to engage in good team working
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members
- Liaise with the local authority and other professionals associated with the nursery
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evening, fundraising events etc.
- Undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation/cooking of snack & meals, cleansing of equipment and such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined from time to time by the Manager
- Participate in training programmes with a wide variety of students (i.e. placements and volunteers), by giving guidance and support
- Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the nursery philosophy is fulfilled
- Read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role as deemed appropriate by the Manager.
- Support team members to do the same and ensure all policies and procedures are followed
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times and be responsible for the health and safety standards appropriate for the needs of young children
- Record accidents in the accident book. Ensure a senior staff member has initialled the report before parents receives it
- Ensure someone known and agreed by the nursery and parent collects the child
- To ensure confidentiality of all information received.
Specific Childcare Tasks:
- The preparation and completion of activities to suit each individual child's stage of development and interests
- To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key person
- To ensure that meal times are a time of pleasant social sharing Washing and changing children as required
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained always
- Ensuring a poorly child is kept calm and warm and management is notified immediately
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communications with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children regardless of any disabilities, family backgrounds or medical history
- To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards always, both within work hours and outside.
For more information, including a full Person Specification, please see the attachments at the bottom of the page.
To apply, please send a completed Application Form, found at the bottom of the page, to email@example.com