Buxlow Preparatory School is currently looking to appoint a passionate and experienced Nursery Manager. This is a great opportunity for you to join our excellent Nursery and play a key role at Buxlow School.
Buxlow Preparatory School and Nursery is a co-educational independent school, which provides a broad and balanced education within a unique setting. It offers an individually focused education in a friendly environment, promoting excellence in learning and encouraging exceptional behaviour. The school has a strong family atmosphere and prepare pupils exceptionally well.
We are looking for a Nursery Manager who is passionate, supportive, hardworking and able to progress our nursery forward.
At Buxlow school we provide a stimulating environment in our nursery. Our Children are nurtured and can be challenged by new and exciting topics and learning adventures. The successful candidate should be passionate about children’s learning and able to enhance our pupils learning.
We are looking for you as our Nursery Manager to be able to demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
- Full and relevant Level 5 Childcare qualification (NVQ5, EYTS, QTS, B.ed or above)
- Have recent and relevant post qualification experience within a childcare setting
- Great passion for child development and a good working knowledge of the EYFS 0-5 years curriculum.
- Experience of working in a Management role, mentoring and leading staff
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS and Ofsted statutory guidance
- Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding
- Knowledge and proven practical experience of implementing good quality learning opportunities
- Ability to deliver a high standard of childcare
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work productively with pupils, colleagues, parents and outside agencies
- Excellent planning, organising and time management skills
- A fantastic understanding for how a Nursery works.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work effectively in a team
As our Nursery manager you will be leading an excellent team of practitioners, you will have autonomy to progress the nursery and be instrumental in creating a high quality setting where all children can thrive. The ability to share best practice and train other member of staff is another key part of the role.
At Buxlow all staff work together as a very strong team. You will be supported and welcomed to Buxlow. In addition all Inspired Learning Group staff also benefit from;
- Competitive Salary
- Annual salary review
- Professional Development and Training opportunities with the prospect of career and salary progression as our business grows
- Ongoing coaching from the management team
- Childcare fee discount
- 28 days Annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays with Annual leave increasing with service
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend scheme up to £750
- Performance based incentives
- Health cash plan covering 10 healthcare benefits and services such as optical, dental, dental accident, chiropody, therapy treatments and health club concession. Access to Doctor line from anywhere in the world
- Employee Assistance Programme.
We welcome applications from experienced nursery managers or those looking to step up to a position as manager.
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
Buxlow Preparatory School and Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).