Corner House Day Nursery
Salary- Up to £29,000
Full time 35 hours per week, Mon to Fri
8-4 with one hour break.
We are looking to appoint a Chef to work in our friendly nursery located in Ealing.
Corner House Day Nursery based in Ealing, West London, has a strong family atmosphere and prepares children exceptionally well for their first steps towards primary schools. We believe in recruiting and training the very best early years practitioners and staff to meet the needs of all young babies, toddlers, and pre-schoolers in our care. We are now looking for a passionate full-time chef who will be able to provide an excellent level of catering to all of our pupils.
As our Chef you will be responsible for the preparation of meals for our children and staff. Facilities are excellent and our Kitchen is the heart of the nursery.
We are looking for a well-qualified Chef who will has and can complete the following;
- Estimate food consumption and requisitions or purchases foodstuffs
- Can be responsible for weekly & Monthly food ordering ensuring stock control
- Receive & examines foodstuffs and supplies to make sure quality and quantity meet established standards specifications
- Select and develops recipes based on type of food to be prepared and applying personal knowledge experience in food preparation
- Following all guidelines for food hygiene and health and safety
- Take full responsibility for the cleaning of the kitchen.
- Working within budget guidelines
- NVQ Level 2 in Food Preparation.
- NVQ Level 2 in Food Service; Intermediate Food Hygiene
- Certificate of completion of any training program in cooking, or vocational school
- Hold a basic food hygiene certificate
- Has an excellent working understanding of allergies and preparing food in line with different needs.
Applicants with the following characteristics are sought:
- Cooking experience within any food establishment
- Good understanding of commercial catering operation
- A good understanding of food hygiene and HACCP
- Enthusiasm, vision, drive, adaptability, and resilience
- High personal standards, self-motivated and proactive
- Suitability to work with children
- Flexible and maintain a sound sense of humour
- Commitment to continued personal and professional development
Corner House Nursery is part of the Inspired Learning Group of schools. Employees will not only be welcomed to the nursery they will also benefit from,
- Competitive Salary.
- Annual salary review.
- Professional Development and Training opportunities with the prospect of career and salary progression as our business grows.
- Ongoing coaching from the management team.
- Childcare fee discount.
- Annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays with Annual leave increasing with service.
- Pension scheme.
- Refer a friend scheme up to £750.
- Health cash plan covering 10 healthcare benefits and services such as optical, dental, dental accident, chiropody, therapy treatments and health club concession. Access to Doctor line from anywhere in the world.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
We look forward to receiving your application, for an informal discussion please do call Tom on 07706 323847.
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time. We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the date advertised. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis, as applications are received.
Corner House Day Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).