You would be working in a bright and spacious Montessori-inspired home-nursery on Tuesdays to Fridays for a minimum of 4 hours a day, between 10:45am and 6:45pm. You would also attend one-hour online or in-person weekly meetings on Mondays. Your voice would be heard, and training needs met.
I am a passionate and professional childminder, registered with the progressive and supportive agency, tiney, which is in turn, registered with Ofsted. The setting often feels like one big family: I’m a mum of two young boys, and two of my employees and four of my minded children have been at the setting for over a year.
PURPOSE OF JOB
• To maintain a safe, caring and stimulating environment for children aged from 3 months
• To work in partnership with parents, carers and professionals to promote the well-being of every child
• To deliver the Early Years curriculum in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework.
• To support the delivery of after-school care and education. (School holiday and afternoon/evening shifts)
• To provide activities that help children receive physical, emotional, social and intellectual development
• To organise, plan and support children's learning and development across the 7 areas of learning.
• lead in delivering after-school activities
• To support children in the setting with the routine of the day including meal prep and service , hygiene and independence skills including toileting needs.
• enjoy working with and educating children
• be good at working with other people in a small team
• be willing to provide 2 references
• keep confidential information regarding children, their families or other staff members learned as part of the job
• give consideration to the ethnic, cultural and linguistic backgrounds of families, and have an inclusive approach to care and education
• Be comfortable with doing online training
Ideal, but not mandatory…
• childcare level 2 qualification
• able to provide cover if a team member is unwell/ has an emergency.
Full training will be provided, including
1. paediatric first aid
3. Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)