We put people before profit: work for a family of nurseries with heart
âWe are friends, we are like family. We support one another.â â Elizabeth, Early Years Educator
Weâre the London Early Years Foundation, or LEYF Nurseries for short; a family of 40 nurseries. Our people love working for us because we focus on the child and their family, and give them the best start in life.
LEYF is known for quality teachers â we give you strong in-house training andaccess to promotion. Our nurseries feel independent and community focused, and teams take care of each other.
Whatâs in it for you-
âI love meeting completely different people from very different backgrounds.â Paulina, Bank Staff
A bit about the role
- Lots of training, promotions and a good salary for the sector
- Flexible working contract choices â full-time, part-time (3 days, AM or PM shifts)
- Generous pension at 7% from us (1% from you)
- 70% discount on childcare fees
- Up to 35 days off a year, including 8 bank holidays, 3 days off between Christmas and New Year, and your birthday (pro-rated for part-time hours)
- Sector-leading parental leave
- Many other benefits that take care of you, including access to the Headspace app, shopping discounts, annual conference and money for team celebrations
âThey give you a lot of support.â â Aggie, Bank Staff
If you like being around children and want a job that fits around your commitments or side hustle, this could be a great role for you. You can enjoy flexible working whilst gaining valuable knowledge and experience of Early Years teaching.
As part of the team, you might take the children on a train to the Science Museum, hop on a bus to make friends at a nearby LEYF nursery, or join in baking sessions with the children and your nursery chef.
While entry qualifications arenât necessary, if you want to learn more, we can help you get the training you need.
You will need:
- Unqualified, Level 2, Level 3 or above childcare qualification
- The right to work in the UK
- An ability to safeguard and protect children
- To be reliable, positive and friendly
Contact us today, our friendly recruiters are waiting to hear from you.
About the nursery
Rated Good by Ofsted, London Fields Nursery and Pre-School provides Early Years education and care to children from birth to 5 years old.
You can find us in Hackney, not far from London Fields station. Weâre a roomy nursery, with separate areas for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers. We have lots of space for all-weather outdoor play.
The children enjoy a wide range of activities, including messy arts play, gardening, woodwork, science experiments, chopping veg in our home corner using real utensils, obstacle courses, cooking and more.