Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent (reliable commute or plan to relocate before starting work required)
Job Type: Permanent, 10 hour shift
Salary: From £17.00 per hour
Do you love working with children?
Are you a trained professional, committed to helping children learn through play?
Are you full of energy, enthusiasm and bright ideas?
Do you want to be part of a happy team, working in a fun and supportive environment?
Then a career at St George’s could be perfect for you.
St Georges is a large setting with 118 children a day in a full day care nursery, term time preschool, after school and holiday club.
We are looking for a Childcare Manager to work with our 2 other part time managers.
- To undertake the overall day to day management of the childcare
- Be a designated safeguarding lead
- Be a key holder
- To open up in the morning via the front door with steps
- Complete a visual risk assessment of the building and the garden
- Lock up at the end of the day and leave by the front door with steps
- Make sure the building is empty
- To have overall responsibility for up to 114 children a day
- To ensure staff ratios are adhered to at all times, utilising extra staff and bank team as necessary.
- To assist the business manager to ensure all legislation is adhered to
- To ensure any new legislation is communicated to all staff and check they understand and are following the procedure by following up in the rooms
- To be responsible for keeping yourself up to date with any changes in childcare.
- To assist the BM with reports when necessary
- To ensure all children attending St George’s are kept safe
- Do a visual early morning risk assessment walking around the building and garden
- Keep up to date with first aid training
- Ensure all door camera monitors are working
- To support the staff team
- To be available in the childcare rooms to advise and support staff
- To role model to the staff team in rooms
- To cover staff absences in rooms when necessary
- To complete training as requested and keep up to date with new legislation
- To ensure training booked is meaningful and useful to St George’s and assists the staff team in their role
- To attend monthly managers meeting
- Actively join in and support the business manager
- To attend monthly SCLs’ meeting Actively join in and support the SCLs
For the full job description, please download the document attached at the bottom of this advert.
- Discounted Childcare
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount for gym & health club memberships
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Free flu jabs
- Sick pay
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter via the form below.