Deputy Nursery Manager
Location: Thornton Heath, London
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Working pattern: Monday to Friday, Rota shift
We are seeking a dedicated, passionate, and driven deputy manager to work at our new nursery, creating an enjoyable and loving early-years environment with an emphasis on our core values of teamwork, integrity, and diversity.
- To assist the Nursery Manager in ensuring the day-to-day operation of the nursery is kept to high standard.
- To assist the Nursery Manager in ensuring all legislation in relation to registration with regulatory bodies, special needs, child protection and Health and Safety is complied with, and adhered to setting’s policies and procedures.
- To assist in monitoring and managing staff, continually improve practice and support the nursery team.
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in Early Childhood Studies, Childcare, or related field. A higher-level qualification is highly desirable.
- Minimum of one year experience as a Nursery Deputy Manager or similar role in an early years setting.
- A strong desire to work with children, to encourage active learning and to promote strong parent/carer partnerships.
- Key person to group of children
About our Business
Little Shining Lights Nursery and Preschool offers an outstanding and affordable childcare provision within our Christian ethos for Babies, Toddlers and Preschoolers aged 3 months to 5 years old. We have full time and part time places and we are open for 50 weeks.
Little Shining Lights is located in Thornton Heath, Croydon. Our setting location is close to public transport; bus links and the nearest train station is Thornton Heath which is a 10-minute walk.
There are dedicated nursery spaces for the different age ranges. Each room reflects the seven areas of learning as described in the Early Years Foundation Stage and is designed to be accessible to every child.
What we offer:
- Continued opportunities for professional growth and access to our engaging online training platform
- Continuous coaching, mentoring, and support provided by Nursery Management
- Up to 30 days of annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holiday)
- Career milestone rewards
- 50% Discount Childcare
- Time off for Birthday celebrations
To apply, please download and complete the application form attached to the bottom of this advert. Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org