Early Years Educator (Level 2/3)
Location: Thornton Heath, London
Salary: £20,000 - £26,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Contract Type: Permanent, (Full Time, Part time
Working pattern: Monday to Friday, Rota shift
Working with us is about loving what you do and having the passion to be the best at what you do! If you're an inspirational educator with a passion for providing 'the right start for under 5s,' we would like to hear from you.
At our setting, you'll be supported to take the next steps in your journey and become your best self.
- Encourage your key children and build bonds with them and their families every day.
- Assist with the routines in your room, which includes but not limited to naptimes, mealtimes, or creative activities.
- Effectively implement your knowledge of birth to 5 and assess the development of your key children.
- Actively support the Room Leader and role model best practices to unqualified team members.
- Building caring relationships with children, families and your team.
- Creating a fun and engaging learning environment by showing initiative and imagination that inspires those around you.
- Succeeding as a team and with children and parents by effectively communicating and giving feedback.
- Communicating and giving feedback to parents during handovers and through documented development reports.
- Supporting your team members and being a positive role model, who looks to develop and suggest positive changes
- Level 2 or 3 qualification in Early Years Education
- A good knowledge of birth to 5 development and the EYFS curriculum
- Have a good knowledge of best practice for key person system, safeguarding, health & safety, confidentiality
- Have a good knowledge on how to safely administer First Aid and critical care policies
About our Business
Little Shining Lights Nursery and Preschool offers an outstanding and affordable childcare provision within our Christian ethos for Babies, Toddlers and Preschoolers aged 3 months to 5 years old. We have full time and part time places and we are open for 50 weeks.
Little Shining Lights is located in Thornton Heath, Croydon. Our setting location is close to public transport; bus links and the nearest train station is Thornton Heath which is a 10-minute walk.
There are dedicated nursery spaces for the different age ranges. Each room reflects the seven areas of learning as described in the Early Years Foundation Stage and is designed to be accessible to every child.
What we offer:
- Continued opportunities for professional growth and access to our engaging online training platform
- Continuous coaching, mentoring, and support provided by Nursery Management
- Up to 30 days of annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holiday)
- Career milestone rewards
- 50% Discount Childcare
- Time off for Birthday celebrations
To apply, please download and complete the application form attached to the bottom of this advert. Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org