Nursery Manager - Lambeth - £41,400 - £45,400 per annum
We put people before profit: work for a family of nurseries with heart
We’re the London Early Years Foundation, a family of 40 nurseries dedicated to giving every child the best start in life through high quality teachers like you.
Our nurseries are child led, community focused and our supportive teams take care of one another. You’ll join a network of social enterprise nurseries where all profits go back into supporting families, so you can make a real difference to children’s lives.
What’s in it for you:
- Award-winning training, fantastic personal development and a competitive salary
- Generous pension at 7% from us (1% from you)
- 70% discount on childcare fees
- Up to 35 days off a year, including 8 bank holidays, 3 days off between Christmas and New Year, and your birthday (pro-rated for part-time hours)
- Sector-leading parental leave
- Monthly Manager meetings and quarterly LEYF together days
- The freedom to create inspiring environments with the use of our pedagogy
- Many other benefits that take care of you including wellbeing support, shopping discounts, and team celebrations
What you will need:
- Level 3 or above childcare qualification
- Experience managing nursery finances and resources
- The right to work in the UK
- Team leadership and strong relationship building skills
- An ability to safeguard and protect children
- To be positive, adaptable, reliable and a good leader.
(If you are unsure if your current qualifications are suitable for this role, please get in touch. Our training team can help you to fill any potential gaps.)
Work for us in South Lambeth
“I have received a great deal of support, recognition and training, always having someone I can talk to.” Marta, Nursery Manager
You can find us in Lambeth, a few minutes’ walk from train and tube stations, we are a really easy commute! Our nursery is a cosy setting with a spacious garden for children to enjoy too, which makes it an oasis in the centre of a busy area of London.
As the Manager, you will work with the Nursery Leadership Team to focus on the needs of the children and your team. You will also be responsible for the nursery finances, resources, quality of curriculum, Health and Safety, and partnerships with parents and the community.
Our managers can be hands on in their role so it’s important that you have a passion for childcare and education. No two days are the same here and the children enjoy science experiments, woodwork, cooking, messy arts play and much more. They also love to get out and about in the local area, enjoying trips to the local shops and market. Their learning and experiences are centred around the LEYF pedagogy which shapes everything we do. You will be supported to learn all about our pedagogy with our helpful Learning & Development team.
Contact us today, our friendly recruiters are waiting to hear from you.