The Under 5’s Project
St Mary’s Church, Greenlaw Street
Woolwich, SE18 5AR
Charity No: 1026486
Tel: 0208 316 0061
Deputy Room Leader & Senior Early Years Practitioner
Pre-School Room- Term Time Only
The Under 5’s Project, SE18 5AR
Salary £20,192.55 (Higher rates available depending on experience)
Are you looking for a new start in a friendly, fun, non-profit nursery?
Here at The Under 5’s Project, we are looking for a level 3 qualified nursery practitioner to join our fabulous team.
The Position is mainly term time, 40 hours per week, 39 weeks of the year. (38 weeks direct to service users, plus 5 training days)
Our Nursery is open Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm and the successful candidate would be required to work flexibly between the hours of 7.45am to 6.15pm. Hours can be set and regular with prior arrangement.
We have two nurseries and are in an exciting growth period for our organisation, we welcome candidates with a fresh approach to early care, we are nature lead with a commitment to providing the best inclusive care for our clientele.
Benefits of working with us:
- Bonus holiday days for long service
- Toil scheme for extra hours worked
- Employer Pension Contributions.
- Continual professional development programme
- Opportunities to work in the school holidays at our Holiday club
- 4 days full paid sickness or hospital appointment leave per annum
- 30% Childcare discount for staff
- Subsidised staff lunches
- Term time only position
An enhanced DBS check and two satisfactory professional references are required before any employment can be confirmed.
Please see the Full job description for further details
Please email Sarah Carr. - email@example.com to register your interest and request an application form.
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 in childcare and education or equivalent.
- Plus evidence of 2 years post qualification experience.
Aim of post
To deliver, oversee a high-quality curriculum to a wide range of users in line with the nursery’s ethos, To operate the organisation in line with all relevant legislations, laws and OFSTED requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITES
- The ability to participate in, and oversee as necessary, an educationally stimulating programme to suit both individual children and the group, which reflect their individual backgrounds and is supportive to the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing
- Good I.T skills, you will need to be able to operate/download an iPad, write reports via a word programme.
- To contribute to the setting planning and oversee that this is educationally stimulating and reflects the children’s next steps and their interests, while ensuring a broad and balanced curriculum is delivered.
- To write reports and development summary’s
- To produce written communications with parents, transition/leaving letters, newsletters, general info regarding your room, if necessary.
- To contribute to organising special events/celebrations throughout the year.
- To maintain the learning environment
- Ability to relate easily to children, parents, and other professionals and to maintain effective working relationships.
- The ability to hold individual parent meetings where appropriate, and record information from these.
- Be aware of and sustain the educational, religious, cultural aesthetic and practical concerns and interests of the children and their families that use the project.
- To be able to work in partnership with parents/carers and other professionals associated with the nursery.
- The ability to work flexibly between the hours on 7.45am -6.15pm
- To keep all information strictly confidential, only to be shared with the appropriate people.
- To record & bring any concerns to the Room leaders, Managers, committee members, Ofsted, Local Lado/Mash. as appropriate.
- To maintain high standards of care and hygiene, this includes taking a role within the daily cleaning schedule if required.
- Change nappies when necessary.
- An ability to prioritise your own workload.
- To safeguard the welfare of all service users and staff, to take an active role-in safeguarding and to be capable and confident to liase with any necessary safeguarding professionals
- To maintain to a high standard all requirements as set out in the statutory framework
- To actively contribute ideas and strategies to provide the best service for our clients.
- To steep up to room lead role in the absence of the Room Leader
This role requires the post holder to be flexible in its delivery. Although the nursery is term time only you will at times be required to work during the holidays, or at evening or weekends
As specified in your Contract you will be responsible for managing your own workload and professional commitments to meet the needs of the nursery.
To promote the ethos of the nursery, and to develop and understanding of the community that the nursery serves.
To have a robust knowledge of the Early Year Foundation stage and the Every Child matters five Outcomes and use these within your professional practice.
To Have excellent understanding of Children’s development and needs from ages birth to 5 years.
To be aware of the Children’s Act 1989 and current legislation policies and procedures which may affect practice.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the post, with the support of aids or adaptations if necessary, and where the project is able to provide these.
Stamina, enthusiasm and commitment to the post and the staff team.
As an organisation, we promote continuous learning both internally through staff development and training, and externally through other organisations. Will we provide opportunities for you to continue with your professional development throughout your time at the project.
Staff are also expected to take responsibility for addressing their own learning needs, which the project will support and guide as necessary.
We value a great team and know the importance this brings to all; within this role you will develop and maintain effective working relationships with your colleagues.
Attend and contribute to team meetings, these may be outside of normal working hours.
The project has a management committee made up of past and current parents, which may have access to necessary information as the Manager sees fit.
Smoking is strictly prohibited in any area of the nursery including outside playground or near entrance to project during nursery sessions.
This job description acts as a guide to the main responsibilities of the post holder. Actual duties may vary.
Finally, we would like to emphasize that this is a crucial post within a wonderful Non-profit nursery. The fast pace demands the post holder to work proactively, and with initiative always.