About The Role
Is early years your passion? We are looking for a skilled and creative Early Years Manager who can inspire and lead their team to deliver outstanding early years education and care.
Little Palms Nursery based in Torquay is a popular setting at the heart of the community. It is an 24 place nursery with 24 children on roll. Our Little Palms Nursery is rated Good by Ofsted and 10 on Day Nurseries. The Early Years Manager will be supported by the Children's Service Manager and wider Alliance support services including HR and Finance.
Little Palms nursery is located in the centre of Torquay town centre. The nursery has developed strong links with professionals, Health visitors, Portage service, Social Workers, Community care workers and Action for Children 0-19 team. A sound knowledge of SEND and child protection is key to this role. The ability to work alongside other professionals and develop relationships with parents. Being adaptable to an ever-changing environment and putting children and families at the heart of what we do. At Little Palms we strive to is to make a difference, for children to reach their full potential. To be welcoming and engage with parents, carers and families. We value the commitments of our staff team.
What we offer:
The Alliance prides itself on being a supportive workplace and offers significant benefits for our team members including:
- 100% discount on childcare and early education places (applicable to staff working in our early years settings)
- Extensive training and career progression planning, including access to our Learning Management System (LMS)
- The Alliance has invested in FAMLY reducing paperwork and giving you more time to focus on the children.
- A generous workplace pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, with additional annual leave for long service.
- Birthday leave so you can have a day off for your birthday dedicated to you and your well being
- Enhanced sickness pay and paid bereavement leave
- A Recruitment Referral Payment Scheme, giving you an introductory payment of up to £300 if someone you have referred to the Alliance takes up a role in the charity.
- Vitality membership wellness and fitness app – including lots of great health benefits, rewards, telephone, and face to face counselling
- Savings of up to 25% on O2 Refresh Airtime Plan on any new phone or tablets
- A dedicated mental health First aider to support your mental well being
Early Years Manager will:
- inspire and lead your team to deliver high quality early years education and care
- manage the day-to-day operation of the setting, ensuring all regulatory requirements and policies and procedures are adhered too.
- build relationships with parents and the wider community
- manage the financial sustainability of the setting
Successful applicants will need:
- a minimum Level 3 Early Years Education and Childcare Qualification or equivalent
- proven post-qualification experience in working in early education and childcare
- sound IT skills and ability to use Microsoft Office programmes, nursery management software, social media platforms and online portals effectively
- the ability to multi-task and establish rapport with staff, families, and external agencies.
Also, you will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check, if your current certificate is not subscribed to the update service.
For the full of duties and the requirements, please download the job description and person specification which accompanies this advert.
Hours per week: 40
Weeks per year: 52
Virtual interview date: TBC
Please note our virtual interviews take place via Microsoft Teams, so you may need to download this app prior to your interview.
About The Service
The Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and equal opportunities in employment. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding and equal opportunities across the whole organisation.
If you would like to find our more information about our setting, please go to https://www.eyalliance.org.uk/little-palms-nursery