If you love children, this could be the job for you
âWhen I come back from holiday, the childrenâs faces light up.â ? Bobbi-Jo, former Apprentice
Weâre the London Early Years Foundation, or LEYF Nurseries for short; a family of 40 nurseries. Our people love working for us because we focus on the child and their family and give them the best start in life.
LEYF is known for quality teachers - we give you strong in-house training and access to promotion. Our nurseries feel independent and community focused, and teams take care of each other.
Whatâs in it for you?
âLEYF has helped my career through ongoing training and support.â ? Caroline, Early Years Educator
- Lots of training, promotionsand a good salary for the sector
- Flexible working contract choices ? full-time, part-time (3 days, AM or PM shifts)
- Generous pension at 7% from us (1% from you)
- 70% discount on childcare fees
- Up to 35 days off a year, including 8 bank holidays, 3 days off between Christmas and New Year, and your birthday (pro-rated for part-time hours)
- Sector-leading parental leave
- Many other benefits that take care of you, including access to the Headspace app, shopping discounts, annual conference and money for team celebrations
A bit about the role
âI like the teamwork here. Theyâve given me a lot of skills to help develop my career.â ? Estefania, Early Years Assistant
Ifyouâre a natural with children and want to find out if childcare is for you, this could be a great next step.
Youâll support the nursery team in supervising fun activities, caring for the children and keeping them safe and happy.
As part of the team, you might take the children on a train to the Science Museum, hop on a bus to make friends at a nearby LEYF nursery, or join in baking sessions with the children and your nursery chef.
While entry qualifications arenât necessary, if you want to learn more, we can help you get the training you need. Whether this is your first step into work or youâre looking for a career change, age is no barrier.
- The right to work in the UK
- To be able to work all year round
- A strong work ethic
- An ability to safeguard and protect children
- To be positive, reliable and friendly
About the nursery
Rated Good by Ofsted, New Cross Nursery and Pre-School provides Early Years education and care to children from birth to 5 years old. Based in the borough of Lewisham, New Cross Nursery and Pre-School which is a short walk from local bus routes and transport hubs offers a fun and exciting environment for children to enjoy and learn in. The rooms are split over 2 floors and being one of our larger settings, they have a spacious garden which gives the children opportunities to expand their outdoor learning.
Contact us today, our friendly recruiters are waiting to hear from you.