Housekeeper - Brixton Nursery, £10.42ph, 20hrs per week
We put people before profit: work for a family of nurseries with heart
We're the London Early Years Foundation, a family of 39 nurseries across London dedicated to giving every child the best start in life through high quality education.
Our nurseries are child led, community focused and our supportive teams take care of one another. You'll join a network of social enterprise nurseries where all profits go back into supporting families, so you can make a real difference to children's lives.
As Housekeeper, you will take pride in maintaining a safe and clean environment in which to thrive and enjoy everyday.
What's in it for you?
- Flexible working patterns (Mon - Fri, 10am to 2pm, or, 9am to 1pm)
- A fun team-based environment
- Generous pension at 7% from us (1% from you)
- 70% discount on childcare fees
- Up to 35 days off a year, including 8 bank holidays, 3 days off between Christmas and New Year, and your birthday (pro-rated for part-time hours)
- Sector-leading parental leave
- Many other benefits that take care of you, including wellbeing support, shopping discounts, and team celebrations
You will need:
- Willingness to further own professional skills
- To be reliable and work on own initiative
- The right to work in the UK
- Ability to speak and write a good level of English
- Desire to work with and safeguard children
- Be team orientated, friendly and personable
Any experience in working with children ages 0-5 within any setting, and a basic understanding of safeguarding children would be an advantage.
Work for us in Brixton Nursery
Brixton nursery is a hop, skip and jump from Brixton tube station, right at the heart of the community.
In this role, you will be responsible for the general upkeep of hygiene and cleanliness of the nursery. You're priority will be to take great care of the nursery so that our children have a safe and healthy environment in which to grow.
Tasks will include:
- Daily thorough cleaning of all nursery rooms, including floor, walls, paintwork, windows, furniture and equipment
- Daily cleaning of other areas including corridors, hallways, cloakrooms, staff room, and toilet areas
- Doing all nursery laundry and keeping the laundry room clean and organised
- Maintaining sufficient cleaning and household supplies
- Ensuring lunch areas and nursery rooms are ready for meals and activities and swept up afterwards
- Assist with washing up in the absence of the Chef or Kitchen Assistant.
Contact us today, our friendly recruiters are waiting to hear from you