Early Years Educator - SEND
Are you someone who loves….
- Outdoor learning
- Forest schools
- Growing and harvesting vegetables with children
- Being part of a collaborative and caring team
- And takes a holistic approach to supporting children with SEND
Dulwich Wood Nursery is looking for an EYE who is passionate about supporting children with Special Educational Needs and committed to providing the best education possible.
Children with SEND at Dulwich Wood Nursery are taught yoga, take part groups to develop their speech, language, listening and attention skills and have access to a sensory room. We also have a well-resourced dedicated SEND space, ‘the tree house’ in our beautiful landscaped garden.
You will be a key person for a small group of three and four-year olds with speech and language, social interaction and communication difficulties. You will be providing targeted support and interventions in partnership with our inspirational SEND practitioners and well supported by the nursery team.
Dulwich Wood Nursery is a very special place, when you step inside you will feel a sense of love, care, adventure and fun! We are committed to a play-based, child-centred curriculum, which is adapted to each child’s development and learning needs. We have amazing outdoor learning spaces, unapparelled in inner London and serve a diverse multicultural community.
If you join our team there will be significant professional development to further develop your knowledge and expertise in supporting children with SEND.
Our school is a 2-minute walk from Sydenham Hill train station and just 15 minutes’ walk from Gipsy Hill station.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is calm, patient, engaging and creative
- Demonstrates sensitivity and understanding Is keen to learn and grow Is a resilient, positive person with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Can adapt teaching support according to children’s needs
- Has experience of working with children (ideally in a nursery or primary school)
- Has a level 3 childcare qualification or equivalent qualification
- Has GCSE English and Maths (Grade C+) or equivalent
- Has good ICT skills and written communication skills
This post is a ‘term time only’ contract. Working hours: 36 per week.
The salary for this position is Grade 7 SCP 14 -21 (£32,700.00 - £36,423.00)
Pro Rata £28,124.00 - £31,326.00
This post will be a 1-year contract in the first instance.
If you would like to find out more about the role and see our fantastic Early Years provision please call 0207 525 1192 to arrange a visit with our Deputy Head Teacher Olivia Greenaway.
Interview date: Thursday 14th December
Start date: January 2024
Dulwich Wood Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this. The successful candidate will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.