We put people before profit: work for a family of nurseries with heart
"You never feel alone at LEYF - there's always someone to turn to." - Selamawit, Nursery Manager
We're the London Early Years Foundation, or LEYF Nurseries for short; a family of 40 nurseries. Our people love working for us because we focus on the child and their family, and give them the best start in life.
LEYF is known for quality teachers - we give you strong in-house training and access to promotion. Our nurseries feel independent and community focused, and teams take care of each other. You join a family of nurseries with a great support network.
What's in it for you?
"I wanted more job satisfaction, so I came back to LEYF." - Sunita, Nursery Manager
- Lots of training, promotions and a good salary for the sector
- Generous pension at 7% from us (1% from you)
- 70% discount on childcare fees
- Up to 35 days off a year, including 8 bank holidays, 3 days off between Christmas and New Year, and your birthday (pro-rated for part-time hours)
- Sector-leading parental leave
- Many other benefits that take care of you, including access to the Headspace app, shopping discounts, annual conference and money for team celebrations
A bit about the role
"I have received a great deal of support, recognition and training, always having someone I can talk to." - Marta, Nursery Manager
We know you work in Early Years because you love helping children develop and learn. You are warm and keen to give children the best education to succeed in life.
Nursery Manager will lead the nursery team the LEYF way, putting the children at the centre. This includes being responsible for nursery finances, staffing, health and safety, partnering with parents and ensuring the quality of the curriculum.
You'll be part of the LEYF Manager community contributing across our settings, sharing ideas and learning.
You will need:
- The right to work in the UK
- Team leadership and strong relationship building skill
- Level 3 or above childcare qualification
- Good ideas on how to maintain high quality and ratio bound environments
- An ability to safeguard and protect children
- To be reliable, positive and friendly
About the nursery
Rated Outstanding by Ofsted, Brixton Nursery and Pre-School provides Early Years education and care to children from birth to 5 years old.
You can find us in Brixton, a few minutesâ walk from the train and tube stations. Weâre based inside the recreation centre, in a cosy setting with a small outdoor area and use of the centreâs swimming pool and soft play area.
The children enjoy science experiments, woodwork, cooking, messy arts play and much more. They also love to get out and about in the local area, enjoying trips to the local shops and market.
Contact us today, our friendly recruiters are waiting to hear from you.