Work in a friendly kitchen and enjoy working with children every day.
"When I arrive at the nursery in the morning, the children's faces light up." - Conchobar, Senior Chef
We're the London Early Years Foundation, or LEYF Nurseries for short; a family of 40 nurseries. Our people love working for us because we focus on the child and their family, and give them the best start in life.
We give you strong in-house training at our Chef Academy. You'll work sociable hours in a friendly environment, and you'll love interacting with the children in your nursery.
What's in it for you?
"It's not just a kitchen job; you get to engage with the children a lot." - Bruno, Chef
- An extra Â£1,000 uplift in your salary (for 40-hour week qualified chefs) when you complete our inhouse Early Years Chef Academy
- You work sociable hours - no evenings or weekends
- Generous pension at 7% from us (1% from you)
- 70% discount on childcare fees
- Up to 35 days off a year, including 8 bank holidays, 3 days off between Christmas and New Year, and your birthday (pro-rated for part-time hours)
- Lots of training, promotions and nurturing work environment
- Sector-leading parental leave
- Many other benefits that take care of you, including access to the Headspace app, shopping discounts, annual conference and money for team celebrations
A bit about the role
"It's a different working environment - a lot friendlier and calmer." - Conor, Senior Chef
This role is a cover chef position, that will require you to work at various nurseries assisting them with the catering of the children. For the first 6 months, you will be at Wandsworth Bridge Nursery for 3 days (Tuesday â Thursday) and 2 days at our other nurseries needing assistance.
You'll help prepare nutritious meals for children and feel real job satisfaction from promoting healthy eating habits for life. Children love the cooking and food-related activities run by our Chefs.
You'll enjoy working with the wider nursery team but also get ownership of the kitchen and suppliers, ensuring a healthy environment and keeping children with allergies safe. You'll be part of the LEYF chef community contributing across our settings, sharing ideas and recipes.
You will need:
- The right to work in the UK
- A positive attitude and excited to work with children
- Food Hygiene Level 2 or equivalent, or be willing to do the course in the first week of work (paid for by LEYF)
About the nursery
Rated Outstanding by Ofsted, Wandsworth Bridge Nursery and Pre-School provides Early Years education and care to children from birth to 5 years old.
You can find us in Fulham, not far from Wandsworth Town station. Weâre a spacious, modern setting, with a garden for all-weather outdoor activities.
Our children enjoy lots of activities from science experiments to cooking, gardening, construction, caring for the nursery pets, messy play and more. They love to venture out into the local community too, with visits to the shops, library and care home.
Contact us today, our friendly recruiters are waiting to hear from you.