We put people before profit: work for a family of nurseries with heart
“LEYF gave me the confidence and the teaching to go further in my job.” Victoria, Room Leader
We’re the London Early Years Foundation, or LEYF Nurseries for short; a family of 40 nurseries. Our people love working for us because we focus on the child and their family, and give them the best start in life.
LEYF is known for quality teachers - we give you strong in-house training and access to promotion. Our nurseries feel independent and community focused, and teams take care of each other. You join a family of nurseries with a great support network.
What’s in it for you?
“The best thing about working for LEYF is I really believe in what they do.” Pethro, Deputy Manager
- Lots of training, promotions and a good salary for the sector
- Generous pension at 7% from us(1% from you)
- 70% discount on childcare fees
- Up to 35 days off a year, including 8 bank holidays, 3 days off between Christmas and New Year, and your birthday (pro-rated for part-time hours)
- Sector-leading parental leave
- Many other benefits that take care of you, including access to the Headspace app, shopping discounts, annual conference and money for team celebrations
A bit about the role
“We work as a team. We work as a family.” Zainab, Room Leader
We know you work in Early Years because you love helping children develop and learn. You are warm and keen to give children the best education to succeed in life.
You’ll manage a team in your room to create and plan daily activities to engage and teach the children. You’ll also work closely with the management team and parents building great relationships and practice.
Every nursery shares LEYF’s unique teaching model. But you will have the freedom to be creative to suit how the children learn best. Whether you hop on a train to the Science Museum, take a bus to make friends at a nearby LEYF nursery, or bake with your nursery chef, it’s always about the children in our nurseries.
You will need:
- The right to work in the UK
- Level 3 or above childcare qualification
- The ability to lead a ratio bound team and build strong relationships
- An ability to safeguard and protect children
- To be positive, adaptable and friendly
About the nursery
“My nursery is like a family.” ‒ O’Shana, Room Leader
Rated Outstanding by Ofsted, Colville Nursery and Pre-School provides Early Years Education and care to children from birth to 5 years old. You can find us in Notting Hill, close to Ladbroke Grove and Westbourne Park tube stations. Our children have many activities to choose from, including science experiments, yoga, dialogic reading, woodwork, cooking and more. They also love to explore outdoors and go shopping at Portobello Market or spotting wildlife at nearby Holland Park.
Contact us today, our friendly recruiters are waiting to hear from you.