Early Years Practitioner- Baby Room
Location postcode: E16 3NP
Salary: From £25,500.00
Clever Cloggs Day Nursery opened in January 2005 and provides childcare for children from six months to five years. We offer full time, part time and funded early education.
The nursery has four inset training days per year for staff development. We also have staff social events throughout the year.
We are looking for Early Years Practitioners to join our friendly team.
The successful applicant will need to:
- Be qualified to Level 3 Early Years Educator or above.
- Experience working with children from birth to five years.
- Deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage framework and any other appropriate guidance for young children in accordance with nursery policies and guidelines.
- Have knowledge of child protection and safeguarding children.
- Have knowledge of behaviour management.
- Be fluent in written and spoken English and an ability to write reports as directed by the manager, senior practitioner or room leader.
- Have an understanding of children’s development and their needs.
- Have awareness of Equal Opportunities issues.
- Have awareness of Health, Hygiene and Safety in the workplace.
- Have an awareness of special needs and requirements.
- Understand the need for confidentiality.
Responsibilities/ extra information:
As a key person you will need to:
- Provide high quality care and activities for the children and to recognise both individual and group requirements in a secure, safe and stimulating environment.
- Desirable to have an enhanced DBS check and be signed up to the update service.
- Desirable to have a recent Paediatric First Aid certificate.
- Ensure you are familiar with the key policies and procedures, especially safeguarding children, equal opportunities, behaviour management and health and safety.
- Work in partnership with early years professionals, for example Health Visitors and SEND team.
- Ensure parent issues and concerns are dealt with promptly and accurately. Ensure management are informed and consulted where relevant.
- Participate in room and staff meetings.
- Support co-ordinators such as SENDCo, Equal Opportunities in their roles.
- Attend training and development courses as directed by a senior leader.
- To promote at all times good relations between staff members, parents and children, and promote the quality ethos of the nursery.
- Be able to work on a shift system, with the earliest start time of 8.00am and the latest finish time of 6.00pm.
- Provide two suitable references.
- Start date of February 2024.
Contact telephone: 020 7511 9126
To enquire about this post or apply please email - firstname.lastname@example.org