We have an opportunity for a Nursery Cook to work in our Laindon Nursery based in Laindon. The nursery is part of a group of full daycare nurseries that provides childcare and support for young children and their families.
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part-time employees
- A generous workplace pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Birthday leave so you can have a day off for your birthday dedicated to you and your well being
- Enhanced sickness pay and paid bereavement leave
- A Recruitment Referral Payment Scheme, giving you an introductory payment of up to £300 if someone you have referred to the Alliance takes up a role in the charity.
- Vitality membership wellness and fitness app – including lots of great health benefits, rewards, telephone, and face to face counselling
- Savings of up to 25% on O2 Refresh Airtime Plan on any new phone or tablets
- A dedicated mental health First aider to support your mental well being
- You will be responsible for maintaining a safe, clean and healthy kitchen environment and preparing and serving nutritional meals to children and adults.
- You will regulate kitchen stock control and ensure that specific dietary requirements are met.
- A current Food Hygiene Certificate and a current First Aid Certificate.
- The ability to organise, plan and cook nutritious meals.
- You will also need an awareness of food allergies and health and safety issues.
- You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check, if your current certificate is not subscribed to the update service.
Hours per week: 20, Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 1:30pm
Weeks per year: 52
Interview date: Monday 12th February 2024