Provide great nutritious meals and enjoy working with children every day
“When I arrive at the nursery in the morning, the children’s faces light up.” Conchobar, Senior Chef
We’re the London Early Years Foundation, a family of 40 nurseries dedicated to giving every child the best start in life through high quality teaching.
As an important member of our kitchen team, you’ll work sociable hours in a friendly environment, working alongside our Chef and teachers in your nursery.
This position is part time, working 30 hours per week 11am-5pm.
What’s in it for you?
“It’s not just a kitchen job; you get to engage with the children a lot.” Bruno, Chef
- Work sociable hours - no evenings or weekends
- Training and a nurturing work environment
- Opportunities for promotion into qualified Chef roles and training at our Chef Academy
- Generous pension at 7% from us (1% from you)
- 70% discount on childcare fees
- Up to 35 days off a year, including 8 bank holidays, 3 days off between Christmas and New Year, and your birthday (pro-rated for part-time hours)
- Sector-leading parental leave
- Many other benefits that take care of you, including access to the Headspace app, shopping discounts, annual conference and money for team celebrations
A bit about the role
“It’s a different working environment; a lot friendlier and calmer.” Conor, Senior Chef
You’ll help the nursery chef prepare nutritious meals for children and feel real job satisfaction helping promote healthy eating habits for life. Children love cooking and food-related activities run by our kitchen team.
You’ll work closely with the chef to manage the kitchen and suppliers, ensuring a healthy environment and keeping children with allergies safe. Your role in the kitchen is essential for us to obtain or keep our 5-star hygiene level award.
Example daily activities include washing up, loading the dishwasher, chopping food, ensuring allergy and food safety for a busy outstanding nursery with up to 70 children.
You’ll have the opportunity to take part in training at our Early Years Chef Academy, where you can train to be a LEYF chef.
You will need:
- The permanent right to work in the UK
- A positive attitude and an interest in working with children
- Food Hygiene Level 2 or equivalent, or be willing to do the course in the first week of work (paid for by LEYF)
- Experience in working with food and young children is desirable.
About the nursery
Rated Outstanding by Ofsted, Carlton Hill Nursery and Pre-School provides Early Years education and care to children from birth to 5 years old. The Nursery is located close to Maida Vale and Kilburn Park. Our children might make wooden toys and props, cook in our home corner, take part in science experiments, climb trees, grow fruit and veg or spot insects in our ‘jungle’ and much more.
Contact us today, our friendly recruiters are waiting to hear from you.