We put people before profit: work for a family of nurseries with heart
“We are friends, we are like family. We support one another.” Elizabeth, Early Years Educator
We’re the London Early Years Foundation, or LEYF Nurseries for short; a family of 40 nurseries. Our people love working for us because we focus on the child and their family, and give them the best start in life.
LEYF is known for quality teachers - we give you strong in-house training and access to promotion. Our nurseries feel independent and community focused, and teams take care of each other.
What’s in it for you?
“I love meeting completely different people from very different backgrounds.” Paulina, Bank Staff
- Lots of training, promotions and a good salary for the sector
- Flexible working contract choices – subject to local need
- Generous pension at 7% from us (1% from you)
- Sector-leading parental leave
- Many other benefits that take care of you, including access to the Headspace app, shopping discounts, annual conference and money for team celebrations
A bit about the role
“They give you a lot of support.” Aggie, Bank Staff
If you like being around children and want a job that fits around your commitments or side hustle, this could be a great role for you. You can enjoy flexible working whilst gaining valuable knowledge and experience of Early Years teaching.
As part of the team, you might take the children on a train to the Science Museum, hop on a bus to make friends at a nearby LEYF nursery, or join in baking sessions with the children and your nursery chef.
You will need
- From unqualified to Level 3 or above childcare qualification
- The right to work in the UK
- An ability to safeguard and protect children
- To be reliable, positive and friendly
About the nursery
Rated Outstanding by Ofsted, New Cross Nursery and Pre-School provides Early Years education and care to children from birth to 5 years old.
You can find us in New Cross, close to New Cross and New Cross Gate railway stations. We’re a bright and modern nursery, based in a spacious building, with separate rooms and gardens for different age groups.
There are lots of activities for children to try - from cooking to science experiments, yoga, woodwork, messy play and more. They love to get out and about too, enjoying trips to the park, market and local library.
Contact us today, our friendly recruiters are waiting to hear from you.