We put people before profit: work for a family of nurseries with heart
“LEYF gave me the confidence and the teaching to go further in my job.” Victoria, Room Leader
We’re the London Early Years Foundation, or LEYF Nurseries for short; a family of 40 nurseries. Our people love working for us because we focus on the child and their family, and give them the best start in life.
LEYF is known for quality teachers - we give you strong in-house training and access to promotion. Our nurseries feel independent and community focused, and teams take care of each other. You join a family of nurseries with a great support network.
What’s in it for you?
“The best thing about working for LEYF is I really believe in what they do.” Pethro, Deputy Manager
- Lots of training, promotions and a good salary for the sector
- Flexible working contract choices – subject to local need
- Generous pension at 7% from us(1% from you)
- 70% discount on childcare fees
- Up to 35 days off a year, including 8 bank holidays, 3 days off between Christmas and New Year, and your birthday (pro-rated for part-time hours)
- Sector-leading parental leave
- Many other benefits that take care of you, including access to the Headspace app, shopping discounts, annual conference and money for team celebrations
A bit about the role
“We work as a team. We work as a family.” Zainab, Room Leader
We know you work in Early Years because you love helping children develop and learn. You are warm and keen to give children the best education to succeed in life.
You’ll manage a team in your room to create and plan daily activities to engage and teach the children. You’ll also work closely with the management team and parents building great relationships and practice.
Every nursery shares LEYF’s unique teaching model. But you will have the freedom to be creative to suit how the children learn best. Whether you hop on a train to the Science Museum, take a bus to make friends at a nearby LEYF nursery, or bake with your nursery chef, it’s always about the children in our nurseries.
You will need:
- The right to work in the UK
- Level 3 or above childcare qualification
- The ability to lead a ratio bound team and build strong relationships
- An ability to safeguard and protect children
- To be positive, adaptable and friendly
About the nursery
Thames Reach Nursery and Pre-School provides Early Years education and care to children from birth to 5 years old.
Our new purpose-built LEYF nursery opened in early in 2023. This new addition to our family of nurseries across London is our second nursery in Greenwich and is particularly special as this is the first time we are designing and building a LEYF nursery from scratch. Based in The Reach building, opposite Thames Mead Health Centre, Thames Reach Nursery and Pre-School is well served by local transport links and is a 15-minute walk from Plumstead Station, and 8 mins by bus from Woolwich Station. The nurturing garden will presents opportunities for outdoor learning for the children. LEYF is partnering with landlords Peabody and their community foundation team to open our doors to enrich children’s learning in Thamesmead.
Contact us today, our friendly recruiters are waiting to hear from you.