If you love children, this could be the job for you
"When I come back from holiday, the children's faces light up." - Bobbi-Jo, former Apprentice
We're the London Early Years Foundation, or LEYF Nurseries for short; a family of 40 nurseries. Our people love working for us because we focus on the child and their family and give them the best start in life.
LEYF is known for quality teachers - we give you strong in-house training and access to promotion. Our nurseries feel independent and community focused, and teams take care of each other.
What's in it for you?
"LEYF has helped my career through ongoing training and support." - Caroline, Early Years Educator
- Lots of training, promotions and a good salary for the sector
- Flexible working contract choices – subject to local need
- Generous pension at 7% from us (1% from you)
- 70% discount on childcare fees
- Up to 35 days off a year, including 8 bank holidays, 3 days off between Christmas and New Year, and your birthday (pro-rated for part-time hours)
- Sector-leading parental leave
- Many other benefits that take care of you, including access to the Headspace app, shopping discounts, annual conference and money for team celebrations
A bit about the role
"I like the teamwork here. They've given me a lot of skills to help develop my career." - Estefania, Early Years Assistant
If you're a natural with children and want to find out if childcare is for you, this could be a great next step.
You'll support the nursery team in supervising fun activities, caring for the children and keeping them safe and happy.
As part of the team, you might take the children on a train to the Science Museum, hop on a bus to make friends at a nearby LEYF nursery, or join in baking sessions with the children and your nursery chef.
While entry qualifications aren't necessary, if you want to learn more, we can help you get the training you need. Whether this is your first step into work or you're looking for a career change, age is no barrier.
You will need:
- The right to work in the UK
- To be able to work all year round
- A strong work ethic
- An ability to safeguard and protect children
- To be positive, reliable and friendly
About the nursery
Hither Green Nursery and Pre-School (formerly Lysth Nursery) provides Early Years education and childcare to children from birth to 5 years old. You can find us in Lewisham, a 10-minute walk from Lewisham or Hither Green Station. We are proud to be one of the newest additions to the LEYF family of high quality nurseries. We’re a roomy nursery, with plenty of natural light and separate areas for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers. We have lots of space for all-weather outdoor play.
Contact us today, our friendly recruiters are waiting to hear from you.