About The Role
Is early years your passion? We are looking for a skilled and creative Early Years Assistant Manager who can support the Early Years Manager to inspire and lead the team to deliver outstanding early years education and care.
Camelot Pre-school based in Lewisham is a popular setting at the heart of the community. It is an 28 place nursery with 37 children on roll. Our Camelot Pre-school is rated Good by Ofsted and 9.7 on Day Nurseries.
If you already have management experience or are looking to take the next step in your career the Early Years Alliance offers extensive training and professional development opportunities.
What we offer:
We are proud to be part of the Early Years Alliance family of early years settings. Founded over 60 years ago, the Alliance is an educational charity dedicated to supporting the delivery of quality early years education and care to children and families.
The Alliance prides itself on being a supportive workplace and offers significant benefits for our team members including:
- 100% discount on childcare and early education places (applicable to staff working in our early years settings)
- Extensive training and career progression planning, including access to our Learning Management System (LMS)
- The Alliance has invested in FAMLY reducing paperwork and giving you more time to focus on the children.
- A generous workplace pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, with additional annual leave for long service.
- Birthday leave so you can have a day off for your birthday dedicated to you and your well being
- Enhanced sickness pay and paid bereavement leave
- A Recruitment Referral Payment Scheme, giving you an introductory payment of up to £300 if someone you have referred to the Alliance takes up a role in the charity.
- Vitality membership wellness and fitness app – including lots of great health benefits, rewards, telephone, and face to face counselling
- Savings of up to 25% on O2 Refresh Airtime Plan on any new phone or tablets
- A dedicated mental health First aider to support your mental well being
As the Early Years Assistant Manager, you will:
- work as part of our nursery management team to inspire and lead the team to deliver high quality inclusive early years education and care in line with policies and procedure
- be a role model for the wider staff team, modelling sensitive and responsive interaction and extending children’s learning
- ensure quality and safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Minimum Level 3 Early Years Education and Childcare qualification or equivalent
- Post-qualification experience in working in early education and childcare or similar environment
- Strong written communication skills, including the ability to produce clear, concise, and accurate reports and correspondence, e.g., for supervisions, business plans, child protection/safeguarding reporting and for recruitment purposes etc. using Microsoft Word and other computer packages
- The ability to inspire people to deliver results, high standards, and set clear objectives for self and the team.
Also, you will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check if your current certificate is not subscribed to the update service.
For the full duties and the requirements, please download the job description which accompanies this advert.
Hours per week: 35
Weeks per year: 39
Virtual interview date: TBC
Please note our virtual interviews take place via Microsoft Teams, so you may need to download this prior to your interview.
About The Service
The Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and equal opportunities in employment. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding and equal opportunities across the whole organisation.
If you would like to find out more about our setting, please go to Web Link to Setting: https://www.eyalliance.org.uk/camelot-pre-school