We have a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Early Years Educator to join our team at Foxcubs Nursery in Luton. Rated Outstanding by Ofsted and 9.8 on Day Nurseries.
We are looking for a skilled lead early years educator, who will be a role model and enable the team to deliver high quality inclusive early years education and care.
What we offer:
We are proud to be part of the Early Years Alliance family of early years settings. Founded over 60 years ago, the Alliance is an educational charity dedicated to supporting the delivery of quality early years education and care to children and families.
The Alliance prides itself on being a supportive workplace and offers significant benefits for our team members including:
- 100% discount on childcare and early education places (applicable to staff working in our early years settings)
- Extensive training and career progression planning, including access to our Learning Management System (LMS)
- The Alliance has invested in FAMLY reducing paperwork and giving you more time to focus on the children.
- A generous workplace pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, with additional annual leave for long service.
- Birthday leave so you can have a day off for your birthday dedicated to you and your well being
- Enhanced sickness pay and paid bereavement leave
- A Recruitment Referral Payment Scheme, giving you an introductory payment of up to £300 if someone you have referred to the Alliance takes up a role in the charity.
- Vitality membership wellness and fitness app – including lots of great health benefits, rewards, telephone, and face to face counselling
- Savings of up to 25% on O2 Refresh Airtime Plan on any new phone or tablets
- A dedicated mental health First aider to support your mental well being
As the Lead Early Years Educator, you will:
- lead a team enabling them to provide creative and engaging learning opportunities for children.
- be a role model for the wider staff team, modelling sensitive and responsive interaction and extending children’s learning
- be a proactive member of the team, providing a safe, stimulating, and inclusive environment
- support the nursery management team to deliver high-quality care and education in line with the setting’s policies and procedures.
- be responsible for curriculum planning within the setting
- oversee the setting in the absence of the Assistant Manager and Manager.
Successful applicants for the Lead Early Years Educator position will need:
- a minimum Level 3 Early Years Education and Childcare qualification or equivalent.
- post-qualification experience in working in early education and childcare
- a sound understanding of child development and children’s needs with an ability to plan and implement the curriculum in accordance with the Early Years Foundation Stage, taking into account the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice, safeguarding procedures and equality and diversity considerations
Also, you will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check if your current certificate is not subscribed to the update service.
For the full list of duties and the requirements, please download the job description and person specification which accompanies this advert.
Hours per week: 32.5
Weeks per year: 39
Virtual interview date: TBC
Please note our virtual interviews take place via Microsoft Teams, so you may need to download this app prior to your interview.