We have a fantastic opportunity for an Early Years Assistant to join our team at Tipton Nursery in Sandwell. Rated Good by Ofsted and 9.9 on Day Nurseries.
We are looking for an Early Years Assistant who will offer our children high quality inclusive early years education and care.
We take great pride in being a friendly, inclusive setting that puts children and their families at the heart of our practice and provide excellent promotion and progression opportunities for our staff team.
As an Early Years Assistant, you do not need to be qualified, however we will encourage and support you to obtain your early years qualification.
Working in the early years really is one of the best decisions you will ever make, and we cannot wait to be part of your career journey!
What we offer:
We are proud to be part of the Early Years Alliance family of early years settings. Founded over 60 years ago, the Alliance is an educational charity dedicated to supporting the delivery of quality early years education and care to children and families.
The Alliance prides itself on being a supportive workplace and offers significant benefits for our team members including:
- 100% discount on childcare and early education places (applicable to staff working in our early years settings)
- Extensive training and career progression planning, including access to our Learning Management System (LMS)
- The Alliance has invested in FAMLY reducing paperwork and giving you more time to focus on the children.
- A generous workplace pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, with additional annual leave for long service.
- Birthday leave so you can have a day off for your birthday dedicated to you and your well being
- Enhanced sickness pay and paid bereavement leave
- A Recruitment Referral Payment Scheme, giving you an introductory payment of up to £300 if someone you have referred to the Alliance takes up a role in the charity.
- Vitality membership wellness and fitness app – including lots of great health benefits, rewards, telephone, and face to face counselling
- Savings of up to 25% on O2 Refresh Airtime Plan on any new phone or tablets
- A dedicated mental health First aider to support your mental well being
As the Early Years Assistant, you will:
- provide creative and engaging learning opportunities for children.
- be a proactive member of the team, providing a safe, stimulating, and inclusive environment
- To support the Nursery Management team in delivering high quality care following policies and procedures.
- Previous experience with young children, a friendly, flexible approach.
- Willingness to undertake training leading to or working towards a recognised childcare qualification.
- You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check, if your current certificate is not subscribed to the update service
For the full of duties and the requirements, please download the job description which accompanies this advert.
Hours per week: 40
Weeks per year: 52
Interview date: Monday 12th February 2024