Early Years Assistant
Closing Date: 16 February 2024
School/College/Nursery/Head Office: St Anthony's School for Boys
Salary: £24,067 p/a
Contract Type: Full-time
Hours of Work: 8:00am-5:00pm
Immediate start available
St Anthony’s School is looking to appoint an Early Years Assistant for their highly successful co-educational nursery.
The school opened a co-educational nursery in September 2023 for boys and girls aged between 2.5 and 4 years of age. The nursery has already got off to a fantastic start with numbers on roll set to double by January 2024 and further still in April and for next academic year. The facilities are brand new and of a very high specification with plentiful resources.
The school is looking to appoint a well-qualified and reflective practitioner who holds a Level 2 qualification or above. Experience is essential as well as an understanding of parental expectations in a private school setting.
This is a supportive role that involves working as part of the school team to provide a safe, high quality early years environment for young children. This role will be working under the direction of the Head and to give support to the teaching team within the nursery school, supporting the existing teaching team with routines and organisational matters and monitoring children’s safety through appropriate levels of supervision
Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist with the planning of the curriculum by providing safe, creative and appropriate educational opportunities for all children within an inclusive environment, preparing activities, organising programmes and arranging equipment
- To ensure that activities are carried out in a safe and responsible manner in accordance with statutory responsibilities, and to advise the room leader of any concerns over children, equipment etc.
- To follow all school policies, including those regarding safeguarding and confidentiality
- To contribute to the school’s highest standards of physical and emotional care, health and safety, and personal and food hygiene at all times
- Working creatively with children within the EY framework, as instructed by the room leader
- To be involved in positive interactions with children by supporting or providing stimulating activities that respond to their interests and developmental needs
- Ensuring all children have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Working with range of people including school staff, visiting professionals and agencies, parents, children and families,
- Work requires bending, kneeling and crouching for periods of time and may also involve lifting or holding children during planned activities, and changing nappies/toileting duties.
- Understanding and being able to implement inclusive practices into the setting, to ensure all children have the opportunity to learn, interact and fulfil their potential
- Working with the room leader to establish an appropriate safe and secure learning environment.
- Promoting positive values, attitudes and good child behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encouraging children to take responsibility for their own behaviour
- Having a positive approach to continuous professional development
- To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace, ensuring the nursery school’s policies and procedures are observed at all times.
- To undertake any additional responsibilities as directed by the Practitioner, Lead Practitioner or Head.
This job description is indicative of the duties and responsibilities of the post but does not form part of any contract of employment. All jobs within the school evolve over time and their features vary from year to year.
St Anthony's School for Boys is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will need to obtain an enhanced disclosure via the DBS and have DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) clearance.
Please click the link below for further information on employing Ex-Offenders: Policy on employment of ex-offenders.pdf (alphaplusgroup.co.uk)
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Please click 'Apply Now' to begin your application via the Alpha Plus Careers Site.
Interviews will take place as and when suitable applications are received, so early applications are encouraged.