About The Role
Is early years your passion? We are looking for a skilled and creative Early Years Manager, part time, term time who can inspire and lead their team to deliver outstanding early years education and care.
Discovery Pre-school based in Peterborough is a popular setting at the heart of the community. Our Discovery Pre-school is rated Good by Ofsted and 9.8 on Day Nurseries. The Early Years Manager will be supported by the Childcare Operational Manager and wider Alliance support services including HR and Finance.
What we offer:
We are proud to be part of the Early Years Alliance family of early years settings. Founded over 60 years ago, the Alliance is an educational charity dedicated to supporting the delivery of quality early years education and care to children and families.
The Alliance prides itself on being a supportive workplace and offers significant benefits for our team members including:
- 100% discount on childcare and early education places (applicable to staff working in our early years settings)
- Extensive training and career progression planning, including access to our Learning Management System (LMS)
- The Alliance has invested in FAMLY reducing paperwork and giving you more time to focus on the children.
- A generous workplace pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, with additional annual leave for long service.
- Birthday leave so you can have a day off for your birthday dedicated to you and your well being
- Enhanced sickness pay and paid bereavement leave
- A Recruitment Referral Payment Scheme, giving you an introductory payment of up to £300 if someone you have referred to the Alliance takes up a role in the charity.
- Vitality membership wellness and fitness app – including lots of great health benefits, rewards, telephone, and face to face counselling
- Savings of up to 25% on O2 Refresh Airtime Plan on any new phone or tablets
- A dedicated mental health First aider to support your mental well being
Early Years Manager will:
- inspire and lead your team to deliver high quality early years education and care
- manage the day-to-day operation of the setting, ensuring all regulatory requirements and policies and procedures are adhered too.
- build relationships with parents and the wider community
- manage the financial sustainability of the setting
Successful applicants will need:
- a minimum Level 3 Early Years Education and Childcare Qualification or equivalent and ability to meet all standards set out in EYFS.
- EYFS 2024 requirement: Employed or internal job changes on or after 4 January 2024 must hold a level 2 Math’s qualification or must achieve one within 2 years of starting in the position.
- proven post-qualification experience in working in early education and childcare
- sound IT skills and ability to use Microsoft Office programmes, nursery management software, social media platforms and online portals effectively
- the ability to multi-task and establish rapport with staff, families, and external agencies.
Also, you will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check, if your current certificate is not subscribed to the update service.
For the full of duties and the requirements, please download the job description and person specification which accompanies this advert.
Hours per week: 35
Weeks per year: 39
Interview date: TBC